Xizang project

To polish the Ti frame you can try Belgom Alu. It is, like the name sugests, for aluminium but I tried it on some other metals and it worked great!
This is a perfect polisher and if someone shows me his polished bike I just grab the bottle and show what it could be after you use Belgom...stunning result over and over...

Hornet_Front1.sized.jpg

collecteur1.sized.jpg

*this is not my bike but pictures from the net!*

dscn08746eo.jpg

2c2c19bf38a994eae26b8945c47c5037.jpg

hi guys!
rody - holy crumbs!! them hubs look gorgeous! probably a bit higher than my budget tho! haha! theyre beautfiul!! ive just been checking out the vicous website too - they have some really nice kit on there. do you know of anywhere that sells the forks?

thanks for the polishing tip again! i didnt have time to track anything down this weekend but ill have a bash this week!
cheers!
mike

Mike,

Contact Vicious direct for products...

Vicious Cycles
205 South Ohioville Road
New Paltz, NY 12561

email: info@viciouscycles.com
phone: 845.883.4303
fax: 845.883.4302

As for the Phil Hubs...they are not as expensive as you might imagine. If you are going to drop coin for Ringle or Chris King, you can pony up a bit more and have the Phil Wood hubs and garner lots of class points :cool: .

cheers,

rody

hey gang
sorry ive not updated this thread since i started my quest, but here's a bit of an update for you. sorry for the long post!
ive just finished fettling and been for a quick wizz round the ghetto block on her! (avoiding air-pistol toting children!)
COR BLIMEY.

Grobbebol - thanks so much for recommending the Belgom - that stuff is amazing. i was a little dubious about the pic of the exhaust, but having used it its incredible stuff! the frame is like a mirror and im working my way through all the silver bits.
also thanks to jez, chris and scant for helping out with shiny bits!!

ive not quite finished the build yet, im still hunting for a few remaining bits, but here's the spec so far. ill post some pics tomorrow once it gets light again...

BC

Build so far:

Frame: 96(?) GT Xizang, bare ti

Fork: Pace RC31 Carbon

Headset: King Turquoise

BB: ahem.... UN53 (just for the time being!!) looking for a syncros etc in 73x122.5

Crank: Topline, Silver, Salsa Ring, silver Primo race pedals

Derailleurs: N/A

Wheels: Silver Hope Ti-Glide (ticka ticka!!) / Fatso with Sunset Rims, blue hope skewers (would like some silver ones - ringle etc)

Freewheel: Shimano BMX Sprocket (soon to be replaced by king cog)

Brakes: XTR V

Levers: XTR V

Stem: Pace

Bars: Black Control Tech (looking for suitable replacement)

Saddle: Flite

Weight: ????????

sorry for the delay with the pics - my camera's playing silly buggers at the mo so heres some quick phone ones. hope you guys like it!

i think it'll be a pretty long term project for me - ill just have eyes on the lookout for nice stuff all the time! i would have liked to have tricked her out with the bees knees stuff straight away as i originally planned, but my daft car 'project' has been eating into my fianances lately! :D

one thing i was very chuffed about was getting away without a dangly chain tensioner thingy - the gearing and chain etc matched up perfectly!
anyways, hope you guys enjoy the pics. im looking forward to the first proper ride at the weekend...
BC

Attachments

• XI1.jpg
    XI1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,400
  • XI2.jpg
    XI2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,400
  • XI3.jpg
    XI3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,400
Back