Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

rupeww":2ss3crgg said:
Yes, possibly!!

You can see why I NEED a tufftrax elite in there!!!

Are you looking for a particular period, as I notice what you have there is largely '92 and before ?

IMHO, '93 onward things got a bit different and with that I believe '92 to be the best year in my mind.

Mind I saw I think it was a '91 tufftrax recently in the town up on top of a wall chained to a fence, well battered it was, but still in use judging by the effort the owner had gone to to stop it being messed with, the bottom of the wheels were at shoulder height ! A sort of reddish orangey colour. Mind that old Saracen I sorted for my pal last year was a '91 tufftrax elite, yellow with 200gs on it, I replaced with Altus A10 I had going spare, but it was rusting badly and really nothing to write home about except for perhaps the internally routed rear brake cable.

Not reallly looking for anymore, but the 92 tufftrax elite is nice.

Mine are all 88 or 89 with the exception of the kili racer which is 92. I would have anything newer than 92.

There is a '92 tufftrax up on ebay at the moment, the grey LX liveried machine in rather a poor shape, but odd I thought as the cycle has the tange suspension fork of '93, perhaps it was one of Saracen's cross over models.

Very nice collection Rupeww. :cool:

I have finished the 853 kili. :mrgreen:

IMG_0296.jpg

Build thread.

Just taken delivery of this beauty.....always wanted one and now I have one! :D Tis a 91 Traverse Hydrotech and is pretty mint. The chap i bought if from included the original bars, seat post & stem.....which is far too long for my back!

more pics here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77252760@N08/

Attachments

• rsz_photo0910.jpg
    rsz_photo0910.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 555
Back