'90 Nigel Dean Nevada - Finished Pics and Spec 18/06

redhat":4hgbudj6 said:
Hi

Could you post what the required forks steering column dimensions are please.

glenn

It is 1 1/8" steerer - length is dependant on the size of the frame.

Is that your green one? It is s Monatana I think - 501 Magnum. Very nice. :D Catalogue spec for the UK was X-1 and flouro pink forks instead of yellow.

Unless I had seen the thread I would have not known the nigel dean reference but would have thought...mmmmm something strangely understated but quite lovely.

Keeping an eye on this

green one

[/quote]

Is that your green one? It is s Monatana I think - 501 Magnum. Very nice. :D Catalogue spec for the UK was X-1 and flouro pink forks instead of yellow.[/quote]

hi

Yes the Green one is mine your right when i bought it second hand 94/95 it did have pink forks and i think the frame was pink yellow and maybe green. I had it resprayed a couple of years after buying it. the only other one ive seen is nevadasmiths. would love to see a picture of mine as it was id consider restoring it. Catalouge copy would be good. Id post more photos of it but im in middle east and the bikes in uk.

glenn

Re: green one

redhat":1g1pj444 said:
nevadasmith":1g1pj444 said:

Is that your green one? It is s Monatana I think - 501 Magnum. Very nice. :D Catalogue spec for the UK was X-1 and flouro pink forks instead of yellow.

hi

Yes the Green one is mine your right when i bought it second hand 94/95 it did have pink forks and i think the frame was pink yellow and maybe green. I had it resprayed a couple of years after buying it. the only other one ive seen is nevadasmiths. would love to see a picture of mine as it was id consider restoring it. Catalouge copy would be good. Id post more photos of it but im in middle east and the bikes in uk.

glenn

Welcome to the club Glenn! Pretty exclusive as there aren't many Nigel Dean MTBs on here - 3 including yours I think!

Here is a scan of a test on your Montana:

23907888.jpg

80515865.jpg

I also have the listing for it along with a black and white photo from the buyers guide in 1990. I will scan and post this tomorrow for you :D

I have seen one other Montana - it was on eBay US, no-one else bid but the seller wouldn't ship it :( That one had a yellow frame, black forks and similar stickers to my Nevada.

As the article says you could have pretty much any colour you wanted.

'Standard' was the brown/sparkle and coloured forks, I remember a mate at school had a Montana, it was the same frame colour as mine with pink forks.

MRGRUMPY":f6yxvj1c said:
That is gorgeous,loving the XCD6000 kit,I had that group on a1990 Peugeot Team Canyon Pro frameset,worked flawlessly. :D :D

Thanks! Yes the XCD stuff is very good kit - only made in 1990 which is a shame.

sylus":f6yxvj1c said:
Unless I had seen the thread I would have not known the nigel dean reference but would have thought...mmmmm something strangely understated but quite lovely.

Keeping an eye on this

Thanks Sylus, not much more to do with in now - still on the look out for the right stem and I've just got some more tyres that aren't cracked like these ones turned out to be.

Grannygrinder":f6yxvj1c said:
Very, very nice build :)
Everything a mountainbike should be :cool: (IMO) ;)

Thanks Grannygrinder :D

xxnick1975":ii90xohw said:
superb bike, great work, argos did a brilliant job by the looks of it

Thans :D Yes they did a excellent job, they had to colour match the brown and it worked really well.

Nevada MTB

Hi

I have a nigel dean nevada bike the same as yours. I would like any info on how you had the stickers made up and who did the respray.
Ive had the frame from new and would like to rebuild the bike.
Any info would be gratefully received
Regards

Bob

Latest posts

Back