Isle of Wight ride! Sunday the 13th of May! aftermath page3

and i have to say i am struggling to decide which bike to use! :?

my (cough cough)modern clockwork is still my favourite but it has been set up for drew for mayhem so doesn't currently suit/fit me, i find myself torn between my proflex (because of the riser bar) and the fat chance because of being a hard tail with easier gears than the proflex . . . hmm :? :? :roll: :roll:

I didn't have much of a choice to make really. No way the Overbury's is being subjected to that much mud and my Jamis would kill me over those hills.
I almost just checked the Santa Cruz on the roof rack, but put in a bit of effort and got my Girlfriends Rock Lobster set up for me.
First proper ride since I built it for her, so there could be some mechanicals :roll:
I'm DJing tonight, but hope to be able to escape around midnight.
Could be a tired bunny in the morning

Right then,

Weekend off work = Check
Ride yesterday to make sure
gears/ brakes are dialled in = Check
Early night = Check
Wake to up a rather lovely morning = Check
Plug dead phone in = Check
Get a message from brother saying i'll have to pick up our mum from
hospital today at some point because he can't hang around waiting for them to ring = Check... FOR F****S SAKE!
I wonder what my excuse for missing the next ride will be? :roll:

I was on the way!! :LOL:

awesome ride today, just the 4 of us along with about 8000 ramblers! :evil: :evil: :evil:

we managed to avoid for the most part but some were worth opening gates for etc! ;) ;)

we found a few new alternative routes as a result of avoiding the red sock brigade aswel which turned out to be a bonus including one epic climb!! :shock:

here's my one pic from the day! :D :D tintin has more! :D

Attachments

• iow.jpg
    iow.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 412
Back