Best disc wheelset for around £150?

I have had two set of Mavic Crossrides. Bought one set and the others came on a bike. The are great value wheels for the money, light and strong. However, I found them to be flexy when cornering hard. The flat spokes appear to allow the wheel to flex sideways but keep it rigid in a front / rear direction.

Yeah I was pleased cyfa! Sitting pretty on my Marin already...As for the crossrides yeah I tend to agree with you REKI being 16stone I tryed a set on my bike and found them to have too much flex for me on the corners. But a very light wheelset with nice hubs...Have a set for sale as it happens!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160796721245? ... 861wt_1270

Wook

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Alot of the weight reduction will be in the spokes as 717 rims are 70g difference in weight. That 180g for the apir so a ~300g differnce must come from spokes and hubs. Maybe alloy nipples havce been used as that wil save 33g over 64 brass nipples.

I think you have made the right chioce.

For example the xm 319 rear with no rotor, cassette or QR weighed in at 1245grams the 717 932 grams...

And here they are sitting pretty on my Marin...After a 12mile offroad mud fest and a then a bloody good clean! I'm very pleased with them and I can feel they are lighter than my last set...felt like quicker accelleration but I could have been having a "good leg" day!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 215
The difference a light set of wheels make is amazing. I thought it was a load of 'marketing hype' until I fitted some Easton XC Ones on my Rocky. They make a huge difference - accelerate really fast and make me climb like a man 4 stone lighter - I wish.

Not just wheels, im always on a heavy bike (34lb+) for commuting and going to something around 32lb it is just so much faster.

I knew you were looking for a bike but didnt spot you had that one, looking good.

Back