1990 Klein Pinnacle in poor condition

GearlessinSeattle":1qfqv33y said:
Do the welds look overly thick at the down tube and steerer junction or is it just the angle?

Looking at it, I don't see anything other than the normal welds. Yes, maybe the wide angle lens on this camera.

A quick update, I spend some time setting this wonderful frame up as a single speed bike, a beach / city cruiser for the (hopefully) sunny season.

Yes, I know, some Klein adepts will very much dislike it :) But the ride is fantastic! The big 2.3 Tattoos really combine well with the stiff frame and the ride position is great with the wide cruiser steer and the thick handles.

DSC_0130.JPG

Ha, excellent! A kick in the nads to all those purists and keepers of garage queens everywhere! Well done! A bike needs to be ridden!

Made my day!
Mx

Slammin":etjjs636 said:
Troje,
Ok the summer season is over, whats going on with the bike?

I'm in doubt.

Let me tell you why.

I've used this bike intensively during the whole Summer season. It's by far my favourite bike to pick when going outdoor. Riding is not the right word. Cruising is. Pedaling it around, automagically puts a smile on my face. It feels and handles like a BMX. Actually it gives me the feeling I only had when I was 6 years old and had my first BMX. The handling is fantastic, it just screams to hit sidewalks, small jumps, gravel roads and any obstacle I encounter.

It's in the combi of single speed, upward riding position, wide steerer, thick foam grips, ultra stiff frame and thick semi slick tires.

I was planning to make this a project, but if I do so I lose my favourite bike. I don't know if it will become better...

Back