Zaskar LE refurb.updated with Pics

Tomahawk kid":3r83vbjm said:
Brillo Soap pads !!!I dont even use them on me pots & pans !!Just wondering how coarse the threads are on the Brillo's . I've used steel wool to prepare Timber for painting , never thought it'd work on Ally, Thought it'd be too coarse ,even the finest grade wool. Nice finish though.

Pots and Pans, what are they ? :)

Probably not as abrasive as steel wool (although they are steel wool loaded with soap), the soap in them seems to cut down the abrasiveness if that makes sense, i've used them for cleaning the alloy wheels and fuel tank on my truck.

Frame is looking great anyhooo :cool: , what size is that ?, 16" i'm guessing ?

I've used 0000 steel wool on aluminum before. I was tired of polishing and wanted a brushed look with the logos to remain polished, like a phantom logo. I think a polished frame with brushed logos would look cool and subtle.

You'd need a negative of the decal sheet to accomplish this. I was going to try it but decided to just get rid of the frame.

Here's a photo of my idea. This is just the metal, not tape or decal even though the photo looks like a foil letter.

I just played with tape and cut out the shape...

Attachments

• Steel Wool Test 1.jpg
    Steel Wool Test 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 759
i have a decal out of the 1994 zaskar decal kit, its like a shield- silver & black and it says 6061 heat treated custom butted, no mention of t6 there tho :? it was an official decal kit bought nos from the states some time ago so i guessed its the right one

its_kirby":1seidee6 said:
i have a decal out of the 1994 zaskar decal kit, its like a shield- silver & black and it says 6061 heat treated custom butted, no mention of t6 there tho :? it was an official decal kit bought nos from the states some time ago so i guessed its the right one

Does it look like this? I have a 1997 US model that has all the original decals in good shape. I don't have a Made in USA or Handcrafted in USA. It has the warning labels and on on the bottom of the downtube with the date of manufacture.

Attachments

• 97 Decal 6.jpg
    97 Decal 6.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 729
Zas-Kar":21chlox4 said:
its_kirby":21chlox4 said:

Does it look like this? I have a 1997 US model that has all the original decals in good shape. I don't have a Made in USA or Handcrafted in USA. It has the warning labels and on on the bottom of the downtube with the date of manufacture.

no the one ive got is the 1994 decal ill post a pikkie up soon as see if its any good for you :)

Think this is the one you may need?

if it is let me know i have a new one.

002-7.jpg

Back