1993 Kona Hei Hei

Compliments on your Hei Hei!

How's the Manitou workin', do you still got elastos in it or is it tuned in any way?

Greetz Dan

Miles, the previous owner, sent me some extra elastomers. I don't mind them but I am kinda on the fence with the theme of the bike. I am going to throw on a P2 fork and maybe try a Softride stem or maybe try a Marzocchi XC fork or Rock Shox Mag 21. Decals are on order from gil_m!

Elastomers are fine, especially with the low travel forks of the early days. I rode a Manitou 3 for quite a while. The Mach 5 I still own is tuned with Reset steel springs though, wich made quite a difference.

I'm looking forward to your next steps with this one. Especially the decals will be interesting, as I'm also thinking about a Set of 94 Decals for my Hei Hei...

Greets Dan

Special delivery....from Canada Post.....gil_m

IMG_0377.jpg

Here's what the final result looked like!!

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

So this ultimately makes me sell at least 2 of my rides....Stay tuned!!

Pics coming soon of the decals upclose! Tyres are Michelin Wildgripp'r in red and blackwall. I haven't seen them in Red until someone listed them on EBay with a BIN option. I snagged them for $40 plus shipping. Very impressed with them as I have been riding this thing constantly!

Latest posts

Back