Dents from triple crowns structural?

ramstein-dh

Retro Guru
I have just bought a bike frame Rocky mountain RMX 2.0
and the guy said the dents were actually part of the frame and when
you actually google it of look on pinkbike there are a few like that
especially with the 1.5" headtube.

But upon further inspection they are dents as you can see were the clear coat has cracked due to the forks denting the frame.

Should i be worried about these being structural of will it be ok?

Any pictures?

Many many frames have similar dents and are fine but this can be dependent on the frame and/or size and location of said dents.

Yes, we need pictures!

I must say that on the downtube, and 50mm from the head tube junction, wouldn't be my choice of place to have a dent :(, but if it's shallow (less than 1mm deep) and not sharp edged then I'd ride it and just keep an eye on it.

Disclaimer* - notice that I said "I", before I'm accused of giving "pseudo engineer" advice. Not that I am ;)

Have the forks defo caused the dents?
Could the forks have swung round catching the pre dented area and broken the clear coat that way?

Yes, we need pics :D

It'll be the forks (or the adjusters on the top caps) that have caused the dents, I reckon.

Like this:

?

1277252355_101353138_2-Cuadro-Rocky-Mountain-RMX-Team-downhill-Guadalajara-1277252355.jpg

Can kind of see it here too:

switch2_full550.jpg

rmx07.jpg

By the looks of it, it may be that its supposed to be like that to prevent such a thing.

Ignore what I said previously, I completely missed the whole "triple crown" bit :oops:. Put it down to old age......

The first photograph looks like a dent, whereas the other two just look as if that's the intended tube profile to me.

Back