1990 Marin Team

2 of 'em :shock:

Not fair, not fair, not fair......

I've also been after one of these for ages now you've bagged 2 of 'em :evil:

I demand you give me the Prestige to restore balance. ;)

I really like these. Hope it turns out as good as GT_Steve's - they are great looking bikes.

Would love to get both of my Team Marins up and running but too busy at the mo'...i love them...and yup they're pretty rare but it's total nostalgia for me as i had a 90' Team Marin BITD.

Can't wait to see this build.... :D

So two of you have got two 1990 Team's each and yet I have none. This is not a good situation. Saying that, I just know I'm going to find a really tidy 90 at some point, I can feel it in my water :shock: :LOL:

chiswickcollectables":24llvcz6 said:
Super nice and super rare :cool:

Thanks - hoping I can do it justice :D

spike3":24llvcz6 said:
Good project, and if you ever want to shift the smaller one I could be tempted. :LOL:

Thanks - I think there is a que for number 2!

brocklanders023":24llvcz6 said:
So two of you have got two 1990 Team's each and yet I have none. This is not a good situation. Saying that, I just know I'm going to find a really tidy 90 at some point, I can feel it in my water :shock: :LOL:

I'd say its near one and a half! But yes very I was very lucky!
Drewson":24llvcz6 said:
Would love to get both of my Team Marins up and running but too busy at the mo'...i love them...and yup they're pretty rare but it's total nostalgia for me as i had a 90' Team Marin BITD.

Can't wait to see this build.... :D

Thanks Drew - I'd really also like a 91 with the after burners. Hopefully this one might get you going on yours?!

Its the stem that is holding me up now, the 1990 ones are different to the later ones. They are shorter and have no hole drilled in the roller mount. Also the quill bolt runs the full length of the stem - my OCD means tha its got to be one of these. Off to a bike jumble tomorrow to see what I can turn up :D

brocklanders023":1vqnelpf said:
Are the stems different to the 91's? Think I might have a 91 spare if you need it.

Thanks for the offer :D

Have a look at the 1991 team marin here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 83db72933f

And compare it to this:

marin1990teammarin143.jpg

The 1991 looks longer :?

How does the 1991 stem you have compare to this one off of a 1990 Eldridge:

prof farnsworth":1vqnelpf said:

From memory you could spec different length stems with the Marins back then. A few years back a chap on ebay had a whole load of NOS stems available in different lengths. I'll dig the two stems I've got out tomorrow and post them up. I'll need one for my Eldridge project but you can have the other if it's any good. :D

Back