Italian Stallion - My first bike build

w00dy

Dirt Disciple
My project started with a box fresh NOS Bianchi in original purple paint, with the original Reparto Corse handbook still attached to the frame.

"Made in Italy" from externally lugged Columbus EL-OS Nivacrom tubes. Not entirely sure of the year but limited research would suggest no later than 1995.

bianchi1.jpg

First installation was a Chris King 1" Grip Nut headset. I know it's not Italian but I couldn't help myself, the finish and quality is exceptional.

bianchi3.jpg

I then added down tube cable stops...

bianchi4.jpg

NOS 3TTT stem and 3TTT Gran Prix bars...

bianchi5.jpg

1995 Selcof team seat post

bianchi6.jpg

Polished Ambrosio Zenith Hubs laced to Evolution rims

bianchi7.jpg

Full Campag Veloce group set, white Selle Italia turbomatic, Vittoria rubber and my Italian steed (I'm sure Chris King is an honorary Italian) is ready to go.

Shame it's been raining ever since I finished the build

bianchi8.jpg

Very nice w00dy. I help you hoping it will stop raining soon. The miles to cover on this gem are something to look forward to :cool:

That's a seriously nice frame you've got there - worth a fair bit in my opinion. I don't think I've seen many better steel frames than that. Love the colour too. And respect for putting a Chris King headset in, it's perfectly acceptable for the most handsome of Italian bikes !

Let me know if you're selling it, and I'll go rob a bank or something ;)

Very nice, there's been some great bikes on here recently. Let us know how it rides, but a beautiful looking steed

Wow! Lovely build. The modern Veloce works well on there and was a good choice imo.

Only criticism is that I can see the brake lever bands, you needed a couple of strips of tape to cover them prior to taping...

A keen eye there Tel. To be honest the 3ttt tape has been in the shed so long I would have had got a better result with a string of sausages.

I just wanted to get it done and get out on the road - this Sunday could be the day.

More tape is on order, as is a shorter stem. You know what this hobby of ours is like, never ending - and long may it continue :LOL:

Nice build, the only thing I don't like is the saddle. IMHO it would like better with either a plain black or a plain white saddle, a turbo or flite for instance, but other than that it's a credit to Italy...

The painted rear dropouts! My word!

Opinions and criticism noted but after 22 sunny miles in the Buckinghamshire countryside this morning you can say what you like...

...I've got a big smile on my slightly sunburnt face :D

Latest posts

Back