Adjusting Avid Juicy 3's?

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all. Just been trying to sort my 2007 Clockwork for the weekend's ride and need to adjust the Juicy 3's. The levers (especially rear) pull almost right up to the bar so is there an easy way to tighten them up? Don't really want to buy a bleed kit etc as I'll be changing them for Hope's as soon as funds allow. Had thought the pads were shot but they seem to have some life left. :?

All you can really do (without a bleed) is move the reach adjuster out so they're further from the bars. It's the 3mm hex in the lever.

Dude. Buy some hydraulic fluid, turn the leaver round so the bleed port is level , undo the bleed screw and drop some fluid in it to top it up. It worked on my old Juicy 3's and since you will only ride it now and then till you get the Hope's they should be fine ;)

Or just rid the 5 on Sunday :D :roll:

Got some fluid at home dude that's waiting for you to use when you bleed the M4's ;)

You've given yourself a job before the ride now. I'll have the kettle on tomorrow, say around 2pm :twisted: :LOL:

Recurring problems with my juicy 3's is the reason my 2007 Clockwork lays dormant. Pain in the bloody kidneys.

Back