Surly Moonlander

Glen had only just took delivery of his sandman hoggar Ti, it was its maiden voyage, I was p1ssed on the Saturday morning so didn't risk a ride, but it's a beauty.

They are still in testing around the world and this is one of the early models as they have only just started going to customers in march or April!

They are actually good value for money, around €3,950 for a complete bike, the Belgium company are great to deal with too he says, even offering to have him over for sizing etc.

He is an above knee amputee as you can see, and said the bike was great, very nice ride and with smaller 48mm trail rims rather than the 65-100mm we were all riding, it's quite a fast machine on xc stuff.

It's pretty neat they are aimed at the performance end of fat bikes. I have a pugs (which I must get around to posting) with a sc32 on it and my guess is the sandman would be the more trail friendly version of it.
Like how they include the dropper post. You are right about the price when you compare standard bikes for that price.

Keep on with the fat adventures !

there is some great vids of the sandman bike in action, they gave a load out as long term test bikes to see what was needed etc before releasing final stage models, so are very well thought out machines.

im off to glentress in scotland in the morning for more fat bike adventures.....more pics to come
;)

well, i never got to glentress....2 of the 4 of us pulled out then my other pal decided he would rather stay in bed then ride local instead.....not me though.

i jumped at the chance to ride holy island, with Jez, the guy who bought my pugsley earlier in the year.

the weather was awesome, after 3 days of constant rain and wind, i awoke to clear blue skys and bird song....game on!

we could of cycled all day if i wasnt due to be in the lake district later that evening, but it was great fun all the same....and we rode sand, rocks, mud and marshland, all in 11.4 miles of sunshine and the sand dunes were great.

bike now at 607 miles in 15 weeks ownership and running great.

c691f4b0.jpg

7b56998d.jpg

40ca1a77.jpg

f5e5ec2b.jpg

f447a017.jpg

4b4b60f2.jpg

d0c689f3.jpg

22007a7f.jpg

bafefc8b.jpg

fbd53f16.jpg

a52b2e3c.jpg

90df4235.jpg

6cdb524c.jpg

57b4ab25.jpg

d372443d.jpg

024896bc.jpg

208af19e.jpg

Seriously dude. Keep posting pictures like these and you are going to cOsg me some serious money. I don't ride the bikes I DO have often enough, but these look so fun I reckon I could end up being prosecuted for neglect :)

neebsta":zohi3a5k said:
Epic pictures as always! Is that your old Pugs? :cool:

yep, Jez, the new owner messaged me saying he planned to ride holy island so i popped up to see him.

hes just took the stickers off thats all....still wearing the nate tires too....at 5spi.

was weird jumping on it again, but glad its being used, now lives in scotland :cool:

i have got the rest of the week off work so made the most of an early finish yesterday by going on my local 15 mile loop of the river tyne....the wind spoiled it a bit though.

so today i was watching the weather and it was more of the same, rain showers and wind....grrrr.

i decided to head inland to kielder forest, a favourite haunt of mine and somewhere this bike aint been yet.

didnt bother with the usual statue and art viewings, they litter the route and are superb, but i just wanted to get out in the fresh air...and it was certainy that with 24 miles of wind, rain, hailstone and sunshine!

71fb9b54.jpg

f3f97ca6.jpg

8c693543.jpg

21ac7bf6.jpg

d8c1b24a.jpg

8b00fdad.jpg

30a7fbf3.jpg

d05d4d6b.jpg

021f0470.jpg

ba79e3d7.jpg

bf59312f.jpg

b5c31c0c.jpg

67f7136c.jpg

looks like you had another cracking day out again, I was out saturday enjoying the weather too, lets hope we have a lot more sunny summery days on the way.

what is the APP you are using? I use mapmyride but the one you use looks betterer ;)

Back