QR lever side?

On which side do you have your QR levers?

• Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
cyfa2809":h3234q23 said:
Yep left as thats the way the hope logos are the right way up and stuck with that.

Facing rear ward and parallel to the ground (or as near as).
Really? My levers are on the drive side for both for that exact same reason so the rear qr faces forward with the Hope logo the right way up. I personally wouldnt like the rear lever sticking out the back, but each to their own I guess :roll:

Non drive side for both

Front one parallel to the fork leg, or is either parallel to the ground, depending on the fork iteslf & if it allows the skewer to go parallel to the fork itself

Rear sat neatly inside the rear triangle, or parallel to the ground

always non drive side (left) for me. it's the way it has always been done as far as i am concerned.

i do remember cannondale assembling them on the driveside when discs started appearing though, apparently someone got burnt by a hot rotor and attempted to sue them so they suggested using the driveside as the lever side.

Paralelle to the ground/left side facing rear because theyre much less likely to catch sticks and what not and possibly open.

It makes sense although i have never heard of this happening.

The rear one can look a little less tidy this way but thats why you get blingy qr's!

cyfa2809":8pay0d8i said:
...left as thats the way the hope logos are the right way up ........
........Facing rear ward and parallel to the ground (or as near as).

now this is the kind of attention to detail i expect from this forum! :p

Lot of bikes with disc brakes are supplied with the QRs on the right side to prevent burns when taking the wheels out after long descents.

Looks poop though.

Non-drive side

For reasons of clutter at the rear, then the same side on the front so that I know directional tread tyres/cycle computer magnet are the right way round.

Modern bike has a thru-axle on the front though, so I occasionally put the wheel on the wrong way round :oops:

Latest posts

Back