Kona Kilauea - a good buy?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just bought myself the following and would appreciate indications whether I've done a good thing or not!

Description is as follows:
95 Kona Kilauea, 20" blueish, XT kit, lx front wheel, XT rear. 8 spd, Xt thumbies, raceface cranks, Control Tech V brakes, Avid levers, Headset FSA orbit XL2 headset, Ritchey pro stem and Raceface prodigy risers, Flite, spare XT big ring, spare inline seatpost. Comes with P2 rigids (threaded) and marzocchi Z4 airs (fitted, ahead). Few scratches, but otherwise nice. There was a photo and it looked very much as described.

He described it as a 95 but I think it's a 97. Sadly there is no threaded headset or quill stem so can't put the P2s straight on but fancy trying the forks fitted as never tried suspension (aging Luddite)!

Total price was £235 including postage. Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers

Ed

An excellent buy. I would have snapped it up!

Take your pic and let us know which one it is:

1995:
265.jpg

1996:
357.jpg

1997:
328.jpg

Thanks, good to know that I've done the right thing! Will get a photo up once I receive the bike (hopefully before the weekend).

From the picture I've seen I'd say it is a 97 unless it is a 95 resprayed in the same bluish colour.

Cheers

Ed

Yep. Now I have thought much more about it...I really am begining to hate you! I would have bitten the guys arm off at that price. Good score and an excellent bike!

I am probably gonna get killed , but

WHAT IS SO SPECIAL WITH KONA ????

They are nice , but nothing special ( except for the Hei Hei ) .

Can you explain where your fascination comes from ???

Back