Honeymoon road trip !!

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Good evening MacRetro!!

I am getting married on August 11th and will then be spending the next 12 days on our honeymoon which will be a road trip around Scotland.

It also just so happens your National ride falls during this period and I already have a pass !! :cool: whoooo hooooo

So bearing that location in mind I am looking for great ideas "must" places to visit etc . I am thinking west coast and island hopping maybe?

We are thinking depending on budget a mixture of camping/b&b/hotels but with the self-funded wedding costs getting bigger I think pot-noodles in farmers fields is more realistic ha,ha

Any known nice places to stay near the national ride venue would be fantastic too!! :cool:

I look forward to any friendly help

cheers

daj

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dinna dae it laddie!!

Come tae Scotland though - its nice here :LOL:

More useful advice to follow.................

Island hopping, although nice, isn't cheap if yer taking a car - Calmac fares are monoploytastical :cry:

Oh, August = MIDGES :facepalm:

Book the pods at innerleithen for a bit of comfort, although there are plenty of nice B&Bs. Are you bringing bikes or do you need a couple of loaners for the national?

The pods at Glentress I take it you mean TK? And yes good call, lovely area to stay for a couple of days. Peebles is a nice town.

I'm going to disagree with Gazz, everyone says Skye and it is lovely.....but for me its worth no more than a drive through. Personally I'd pick Mull, Tobermory is nice, Calgary beach is stunning and a trip to Iona and Staffa will be remembered for a long time. I'd recommend Harris too but its very isolated and theres not much to actually do but enjoy the scenery but it is amazing.

Agree with Glencoe, definitely worth a visit/drive. If you do go for Skye the road to Kintail is stunning. Stop off a Eilean Donan Castle and nip round to Plockton.

Anywhere around the Plockton way :cool:

Attachments

• the-village-of-plockton.jpg
    the-village-of-plockton.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 467
Thank you people you have given us plenty to be getting on with, The direction we are heading is to dump the car and tour the isles on the bikes.

The pods have gone down VERY well too!! :cool:

Ken, Thanks for the offer depending on how it pans out with the bikes we take I may need a rider for the national ride

Daj I was offering a bike from macretro as a whole, if you took one of mine it isn't likely to have any wheels :)

Bring plenty of skin so soft midges will be out in season! As for Glen Coe spend a few days in Glen Etive which is just off the A82 ride down as far as you can go and you then come out at the tip of the Loch were there's ample room for parking and planty of wood for a fire!

Back