Northern Clan, rides and chat.

Great thing for me if it can be done. Braemar, Ballater, Aviemore are easy for me.

Registering interest indeed!

RobMac":3x87i01e said:
Does anybody know about the Cairngorms National Park?

Yup - the first designated National Park in Scotland (perhaps the UK) :D

Good riding area too ;)

Mr Panda":2cvgas40 said:
RobMac":2cvgas40 said:
Does anybody know about the Cairngorms National Park?

Yup - the first designated National Park in Scotland (perhaps the UK) :D

Good riding area too ;)

Its just that I thought it was kinda central for the Highlanders :?

I'll come along, aviemore has some nice riding, not all overly hilly either. Apparently glenshee even has an uplift, not sure if the riding is any good there though. A bit further down falls of briar and glen tilt is nice but if has been a while since I've been up there.

There is a huge amount of great riding up here, just take a quick look at a relief map if you are in doubt.

The main thing is how much open land we have, free of the restriction of fence or hedge.

I have met big time mountain bike fanatics who live in London and have been all over the world but never taken even a weekend in the Highlands.

Just like surfing, if you are UK based, you HAVE to earn your stripes with a trip to the not so frozen north!

:)

Just checking in with the Macretro crowd as I'm due to move up to the area around Forres in the next month or two :)
Looking forward to getting used to some new trails, not so looking forward to fitting ski's to the bike for winter :LOL:

north macretro

:D

any run's planned yet north buddies?

a wee contin burst , black isle or moray monster would be good!

or kirkhill forest outside aberdeen. that had a few good tracks

peace

I am nearly ride worthy again, so the wife says.

Have you guys checked out the hills out south of Farr? Some of my favourite riding.

Perhaps get some winter rides sorted.

Back