Dawes Fixie

The local fixie couriers near where I work always make me laugh :roll:

They think they're fast, but they're not. I can out accelerate them by using a lower gear. I can go faster because I've got a higher gear. I can go faster round corners because I can lift the inner pedal up. And as I can stop quicker than a car, I'm in a better and 'safer' position to take risks, should I need to get through something quickly. Not all couriers are this daft though - the only ones I know all use cyclocross or mountain bikes.

And I do know all about fixed wheel bikes. I've been racing at the velodrome for years and have a lovely track bike that's never been on the road, and never will go on the road. It's where it belongs, and not at risk of running any pedestrians over !

That embarrasing but funny MC Spandex video summed it up quite well...

Rant over !

I was going to try and reiterate what everyone else was saying, and perhaps help by pointing out what 'foot retention' means as you don't seem to have grasped the concept of slowing down/stopping.

Then I read your 'special olympics' comments.

As you were mate, lovely bike, you should use it every day. You should try it out in an urban setting too, really put your road reading skills to the test.

steve86":10rgz2qs said:
this is getting boring and im done with arguing on the internet, i liken it to taking part in the special olympics there is never any real winners.

Folk here are just trying to help you avoid qualifying for the special Olympics!

Or more importantly, avoid you causing others to qualify for the special Olympics........

Back