May 2012 BoTM Contest - Nominations Please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will resist the temptation to repost the pics as duh I can see them :roll: and Mauricer you have my vote fella that's a beaut ;)

captaincosmic":2k3ypqx0 said:
I will resist the temptation to repost the pics as duh I can see them :roll: and Mauricer you have my vote fella that's a beaut ;)

handbags.jpg

Ooooohh. Feel free to re-post ;)

yetifan.com":s4f9wjp1 said:
Missy Gioves YETI ARC AS. (Rebuilt)

Not a replica, this is her actual 1992 Frame, with a few orig parts here and there.

535878_10151043093324989_669664988_12945693_1613140903_n.jpg

Oh Come on........ :shock:

My friend, im a big Yeti Fan, and personally for me, my memories of Missy are of the later years and her "Cannondale" sponsorship and the bikes she rode for them.

I think you really have done a sterling Job, and the bike is a real headturner and a massive credit too you. Im sure you smile every time you look at it, given its provenance....(i know i would.... :cool: ).

But to be Fair, what are you doing with that picture, :shock: and i mean this with the deepest respect, i think you can do better and i think the bike deserves at least some MAXIMUM effort to display it at its best, given its glorious past.

A build/buy thread, i would read with eager anticipation and enjoy immensly, as im sure many others would.... :cool:

And i really want to Vote for it, but i cant see it, the pictures rubbish, and to be fair to get my vote id like a lot more effort considering.

Harsh i know, but i think you can do better....?

The pic- I had just finished it and it's raining outside- so that's the pic I took.

The story- nothing against retrobike, but I have another awesome bike that's a little older and more authentic than this one, I wrote a small article and got a lot of people telling me untruths about it. I knew where that bike had been since 1991, and for people to tell me it had been repaired and welded was a little annoying at best. So rather than put my heart and soul into a story and have it picked apart on here, I'll save it thanks.

As you probably know I run yetifan.com and this bike will appear on there in time, with full story and thank yous to those who helped me, I have race video and actual pictures of this bike in 92. Ive been flat out for 3 months trying for a missy interview now she is free too, but that might be one dream too far! So check my site in June, I just though it'd be cool to share this one with more people as I know you guys on here absorb this stuff like a sponge and a few of you would be excited to see it.

Oh and I don't own a digital camera:) will have to borrow one for the June pics, I will share it here then too.

Glad you enjoyed seeing it, it's cool if it reminds a few people of the early days.

Andrew

yetifan.com":1wulvfww said:
The pic- I had just finished it and it's raining outside- so that's the pic I took.

The story- nothing against retrobike, but I have another awesome bike that's a little older and more authentic than this one, I wrote a small article and got a lot of people telling me untruths about it. I knew where that bike had been since 1991, and for people to tell me it had been repaired and welded was a little annoying at best. So rather than put my heart and soul into a story and have it picked apart on here, I'll save it thanks.

As you probably know I run yetifan.com and this bike will appear on there in time, with full story and thank yous to those who helped me, I have race video and actual pictures of this bike in 92. Ive been flat out for 3 months trying for a missy interview now she is free too, but that might be one dream too far! So check my site in June, I just though it'd be cool to share this one with more people as I know you guys on here absorb this stuff like a sponge and a few of you would be excited to see it.

Oh and I don't own a digital camera:) will have to borrow one for the June pics, I will share it here then too.

Glad you enjoyed seeing it, it's cool if it reminds a few people of the early days.

Andrew

Andrew, i did know you had the yetifan website yes and a great site it is too, which is why i think i have been so disappointed when i saw your entry... :cry:

One of the Coolest bikes and yet probably "the one" that really does justify the details/story......You may have had issues elsewhere, but this is retrobike....we are quite a friendly bunch.....lol. ( and P.S... i for one wouldnt see damage on an Genuine Ex-team bike as at all detrimental, on the contrary....the warwound has a story).

I hope you do have the time to hang here from time to time, i can imagine you get busy.

Certainly would love to know more, as you say its cool to share especially with something as special as this.

But dude seriously....are you really telling me you run YetiFan and you dont have a basic digi camera........Pull the other one......lol.... ;)

:cool:

No digital camera- no joke. I have to borrow one. Guess Like most mtbers its a case of mixed up priorities:)

Will retract the missy bike until I can get you guys some better pics and a story.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back