Small wants list, please look.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok been tasked to find some bits for a family member.

Budget is £100. Fully functioning please.
Dont mind a tad tatty but as clean as possible.
May not get it all inside the budget so will list in order of importance.
Rider is on the heavier side.

Forks - v or disc, ideally black or red 100mm travel. Unsure of steerer length but guessing at 190 upwards.

Front wheel - disc or v dependent on fork. Black. Axle type dependent on fork (but most likely standard qr).

Crankset/bb - Sorted.

Brakes - v or disc depending on fork/wheel. Have levers. If disc, of reasonable quality please. So cable disc unless shifters are available but thats most likely out of budget.

Headset - black would be good. Cartridge preferred but cant be hugely picky.

Cassette - 7spd, new or near new.

Anyone? Wont have the monies until tomorrow.

Edit: Cranks sorted, £75 left.

azaro":2d897g4j said:
Got a 7 speed shimano cassette in good nick. £10 posted

Super. How much use has it had would you say?
Im holding fire on cassette for now but it sounds like it fits the bill.

tintin40":2d897g4j said:
what size headset?

1 1/8th! Good point.

Suntour XCM V2's with a Shimano BR-M475 disc caliper (not sure if I have a spare rotor and they need new pads too) I have photo's if you want them. £35 for the two, includes P&P. Can also throw in a set (for the rear) of black V brakes (if I can find the noodle).

Have some FSA triple ring square tapered cranks on 175mm arms (silver arms, black rings) and might be able to come up with a headset too, will have a look tomorrow if you want?

sic_nick":5xn8kn7k said:
Suntour XCM V2's with a Shimano BR-M475 disc caliper (not sure if I have a spare rotor and they need new pads too) I have photo's if you want them. £35 for the two, includes P&P. Can also throw in a set (for the rear) of black V brakes (if I can find the noodle).

Have some FSA triple ring square tapered cranks on 175mm arms (silver arms, black rings) and might be able to come up with a headset too, will have a look tomorrow if you want?

What pads do they take and are they commonly available?
Length of steerer and some pictures please?
Pictures of all then please haha! I have noodles no problem. Would probably want a matching set of either but will find out for sure tomorrow.

Steerer 196mm, will have a look what pads but I think they are the same as the Deore M575 ones. Unfortunately it's the only disc caliper I have spare (never had a matching set) but will get pics done tomorrow for you.

Back