2007 Orange Clockwork

Looks remarkably similar to mine, including the saddle!
I've gone for SID's instead of Fox though.

mass199":3i2kmmzy said:
Nice Orange :cool:

The head angle looks a bit steep, is it twitchy on the fast downhills ;)

Not at all handles very well,its designed to take up to a 130mm fork,its got a 100mm fitted

Ok, think this is pretty much finished now, though RH shifter is sticking a bit .
So new Strange grips fitted and the front 200mm rotor has been swapped out for a 180 to match the rear- 200 was a little overkill on a hard tail to say the least !.New pads front and back and a good old bleed.
Also taken the stupidly large Mavic cassette guard off to clean up the look of the back end

The riding position as mentioned is now spot on with the new Supercross / stalk set up think this is going to be a fun bike , not to mention my love of steel frames

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 493
Nice..got one stashed away for a rainy day build. Think i am going to settle on white forks to.

question though...mine seems to have an orange neon (almost red) day glow colour. Are all these painted the same colour as your looks more old skool orange. I did see one on the owners thread lying in the snow which looked day glo. Or do we think it is just cameras not handling the neon factor.

I got a new set of stickers direct from orange as it has suffered some chain slap. So was half thinking of respraying it in more old style colours.

dablk":142f5mmb said:
Nice..got one stashed away for a rainy day build. Think i am going to settle on white forks to.

question though...mine seems to have an orange neon (almost red) day glow colour. Are all these painted the same colour as your looks more old skool orange. I did see one on the owners thread lying in the snow which looked day glo. Or do we think it is just cameras not handling the neon factor.

I got a new set of stickers direct from orange as it has suffered some chain slap. So was half thinking of respraying it in more old style colours.

Its Flouro Orange, my camera does not do justice to the colour,not really red though ?.

All the 2007 's were resprayed at Bob Jacksons after Orange were not happy with the original paint that was done in the factory.

highlandsflyer":142f5mmb said:
Very nice.

All it is missing are some bar ends and it would be perfect.
:)

Bar ends ? on a riser ? noooooooooo

highlandsflyer":2muqrs3i said:
You are right, but I was looking at the original pics where it sported a flatty and some lovely bar ends! Great bike! :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , the bar ends are going spare if you want them !

thanks , something very satisfying having a new old bike !

theredchili":8qxx1or6 said:
highlandsflyer":8qxx1or6 said:
You are right, but I was looking at the original pics where it sported a flatty and some lovely bar ends! Great bike! :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , the bar ends are going spare if you want them !

thanks , something very satisfying having a new old bike !

I throw risers on everything now, my emotions are old school but my body disagrees!

Back