the unofficially cool MTB drop bar thread

Command shifters?

Thanks and hope you find the right decals!
Btw, what rear hub and cassette du you run with those Command shifters?
I've stayed away from them as I remember the troubles I had in the 90's with getting the XC-Pro thumbies on a Fisher CR-7 to work with a XT drive train. Could it be they predate the progressive cassette cog spacing they used in the 90's?

Re: Command shifters?

donpedro":3phslimg said:
Thanks and hope you find the right decals!
Btw, what rear hub and cassette du you run with those Command shifters?
I've stayed away from them as I remember the troubles I had in the 90's with getting the XC-Pro thumbies on a Fisher CR-7 to work with a XT drive train. Could it be they predate the progressive cassette cog spacing they used in the 90's?

OK...1993 Litespeed. Merlin and Litespeed must have had similar production numbers and both must be using a sequential arrangement.

I'm using it with a 7sp Shimano freewheel if I recall...the spacing is pretty similar to Suntour and it works well, but not perfectly. From what I've read they didn't work perfectly with the stuff they were designed for either.

aaron o":37n5qqu5 said:
IMG_0720.jpg

I really like that! i could imagine my self owning it

Just finished my surly monster cross yet to ride it off road but initial thoughts are good from afew short road rides.

045245f1.jpg

Feels ok with this setup not sure I won't go to a high rise stem at a later date.

7606401e.jpg

LGF: Is it not raining in Marmite Fungus?

My grass is the same or worse - it's been impossible to cut the damn stuff with all this blimmin' RAIN!

Actually someone came on Radio 5 last night and said it was OK to leave your grass long because the bees like it. Good enough excuse for me....

Back on topic, I'm building a Giant Cadex with Pace RC35s and drop bars, with Shimano 600 bar end shifters. Rockin' the retro drops!

Back