OMFG another UPDATE (3) Muddy Fox Courier 1988 in da Purtle

classen":3ce99d0d said:
Archemist":3ce99d0d said:
... then each spoke (36 x 15 minutes average each)...

Frickin awesome!! :shock:

That's some dedication. The bike is looking superb.

I don't understand ;) (done the front as well - that's 72 all in :D )

Andy B":3ce99d0d said:
This bike evokes so many memories for me as it's a bike I always aspired to in my teens, one proper cool as f**k bike

Top work in finding one in such good condition and spending the time to make her shine again

If you ever decide to part with it I will most certainly give it a very good home ;)

Cheers Andy and when i've got my legs in condition to match (fit not shiny!) i'll bring the 'fox to a local meet :cool:

But this one's definitely a keeper :D

Archemist":6ck055c6 said:

Make sure it is. 1. you will regret it once sold. 2. what price for all the hard work you've done?

We have all sold bikes then wished we hadn't :oops: Unless they paid me a figure with 6 zeros behind it :LOL: dream on.

Not even if i was homeless would i. So if you see a homeless person with a Trimble it's me :LOL:

tintin40":59bxls8d said:
Archemist":59bxls8d said:

Make sure it is. 1. you will regret it once sold. 2. what price for all the hard work you've done?

We have all sold bikes then wished we hadn't :oops: Unless they paid me a figure with 6 zeros behind it :LOL: dream on.

Not even if i was homeless would i. So if you see a homeless person with a Trimble it's me :LOL:

Tintin. Its funny you should mention that, there's a famous local "vagrant" with his own facebook page, lives on the streets, piece of string belt, etc but you know you never see him without his trimble!

Thing is i sold my last one for £20. I spent a little more on this one....

and then about £1,000 of labour :LOL:

still not a klein though....

Archemist":19afwm0x said:
and then about £1,000 of labour :LOL:

at least!

from my calculations using £1,200 per month as the minimum wage in the UK (found that on Google somewhere... could be total nonsense), and assuming a 40 hour work week with 4.333 weeks per month the minimum hourly rate would be ~£7/hour.

72 spokes at 15 minutes each = 18 hours x £7 = £126

Hmmmmm actually that's not too bad ;)

Philippe

il n'est pas à votre qualité (encore).....pardonnez-moi d'écolier français :LOL:

A bike with so many memories for so many.. a zeitgeist on wheels.

I bought one BITD because it appeared the epitome of affordable mountain biking (though it was a close thing with a stumpy) and had "all the kit" that you needed and looked so smooth.

As a bike it has so many features that we on retrobike aspire to (now) already, "paint", thumbies and index, canti's / u-brakes, fundamentally sound geomery and sweet treads ;)

Just sorting the bearings / BB and some final paintwork and we'll be hitting the trails...:cool:

cheers
And

weird. i seem to have the exact same one but the frame is all lugged. thought mine was 1989, so maybe am wrong, unless they made 2 versions. will try to date all the bits again, but few are original. the rear u-brake it came with is black. :cool: any ideas?

stachaibou":250hy2e2 said:
weird. i seem to have the exact same one but the frame is all lugged. thought mine was 1989, so maybe am wrong, unless they made 2 versions. will try to date all the bits again, but few are original. the rear u-brake it came with is black. :cool: any ideas?

I'd say if yours is lugged then it's earlier - does it have the fox prints on the seat stays?

My original was as yours, sometime in '89 the range went over to wishbone seat stays with the mono colour and multi-colour paw decals.....

post up a picture or two yeh? :D

Back