SAVE IT or DUMP IT

SAVE IT or DUMP IT

• SAVE IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DUMP IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have an old Diamond Back Serrota that has been used for work for years, stripped, sat outside for a few years, built, stripped, stuck back in the shed etc etc.
I stole the last few parts of it to bodge a mates bike (which due to having brakes for the first time in 2 years, he promptly fell off breaking 2 ribs :roll: :roll: ) Anyway, I slung it out the back again for a few weeks again before taking pity on it and building it up into a rough left over bitza single speed. And I tell you what- its the first bike out of the door at the moment- I love it to bits, spent 2 hours building a ramp and doing big jumps this morning instead of working on the rally car :oops:

It cost about £25 to build up, highly recommended matey!! Just cobble it together with all those rubbish bits down the back of the workbench and in the bottom of your tool box- there will always be a pair of wheels down the local tip (found a pair of nice Mavics once!) Go on son-

SINGLESPEED IT!

Dr S":35t8hvo9 said:
I have an old Diamond Back Serrota that has been used for work for years, stripped, sat outside for a few years, built, stripped, stuck back in the shed etc etc.
I stole the last few parts of it to bodge a mates bike (which due to having brakes for the first time in 2 years, he promptly fell off breaking 2 ribs :roll: :roll: ) Anyway, I slung it out the back again for a few weeks again before taking pity on it and building it up into a rough left over bitza single speed. And I tell you what- its the first bike out of the door at the moment- I love it to bits, spent 2 hours building a ramp and doing big jumps this morning instead of working on the rally car :oops:

It cost about £25 to build up, highly recommended matey!! Just cobble it together with all those rubbish bits down the back of the workbench and in the bottom of your tool box- there will always be a pair of wheels down the local tip (found a pair of nice Mavics once!) Go on son-

SINGLESPEED IT!

:LOL: :LOL:

i got parts enough so that's not the problem
I have never resprayed a frame before and do not know what this would cost,....
The question is, when is a bike commercially written of,... :roll:

Dr S":35t8hvo9 said:
Go on son-

thanks dad! :D

Don't spray it- it'll just get chipped again. Get a can of WD 40 and just clean it up. The feeling of liberation from shineyness is wonderful. Just ride the bugger to death!
:twisted:
S

retore and put it in for bike of the month. That is what this site is all about . Not forgetting what cyling and mtb are about. Not this moden rubbish with 6'' full suser, flat pedals. Who needs 9 speeds when 7 will do the job just as well.
Breath new life in to it. Oh one thing please please dont put the mud gaurds back on. mtb's dont do mud guards. Thats the joy of off road getting dirty :D

tintin40":158bwkmi said:
retore and put it in for bike of the month.

I have start buffing the parts today,..
YES!,..it is going to be saved,.. this will be a long project, but which one isn't ;)

I do not think i will be able to respray it the same way but will do my utmost best,..

Defiant":3odflqqp said:
The material;
Giantsticker.jpg

So what do you guys think?

I think they should've learned how to spell!
(And save the poor thing!) :LOL:

Yes, more far eastern companies seem to have a problem with that :LOL: =>

RidgeRunner.jpg

RidgeRanner :? Yeah, right. The for Japanese so typical strive for perfection and eye for detail does apparently not apply to their use of English...

Back