Breezer Series 1

FairfaxPat":afe3vvd3 said:
Ready to go ride!

on_my_porch_984.jpg

just wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
But I don't understand, why this beautiful frame has no brake cable stopper in the top tube? (or I see something wrong there! :? )

Fantastic piece of history!
It must have felt amazing working on it, and then having the icing on the cake of a ride at the end :cool:
I hope the new owner will be showing it off!

Nader":z4enl06v said:
FairfaxPat":z4enl06v said:
Ready to go ride!

on_my_porch_984.jpg

just wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
But I don't understand, why this beautiful frame has no brake cable stopper in the top tube? (or I see something wrong there! :? )
If you look closely at the photo, behind the seatpost QR is this cable stop-shown before I cleaned it up! Pat

Attachments

• Brake cable stop.jpg
    Brake cable stop.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 542
FairfaxPat":por01z4u said:
.. If you look closely at the photo, behind the seatpost QR is this cable stop-shown before I cleaned it up! Pat
Thank you.

I saw this already but this means that the cable needs to be in the housing until this cable-stop ..and thus it doesn't work without cable ties!

Maybe you need two such parts

%24(KGrHqUOKpwE5ZIe,O33BOWUJHu1N!~~60_12.JPG

You could use that kind of setup-it wasn't available in the right size in '77 when the bikes were built, because the top tube is oversize for the time- so Joe went with what you see on the bike.

Sure there are some details on this elsewhere on the web but while we're on the subject: I'm really interested in what the head angles, a-c heights and so on are like on this frame. Just wondering how they compare to what we class as 'retro' bikes. :)

The Series 1 Breezer has 68 degree head anngle and 70 degree seat angle with a 12 inch BB height. The Series 11, which came out in '81-82 had 70 degree angles on both with a 12 inch BB. Joe got his inspiration from the Schwinn Excelsior X Klunker bikes the guys were riding in the early '70s.

Back