Help with a tired old Bianchi - project

Finally figured out what it is, a sprint 28c. Since I last posted I have stripped and greased the front and rear wheel bearings and given the front wheel a bit of a clean and polish - took bloody ages.

On a bit of a tipping point in terms of expenditure, I still need:

- Seat post (26.2)
- Saddle
- Quick release skewers
- bar tape
- peddles

Off to the classifieds it is!

Nothing in particular really, the original ofmega ones are completely shot so just need something to tidy it up a bit.

Personally I don't think it will ever look much unless I had it bead blasted and powder coated. There is just too much damage to the paint as it is, however it is currently much better than it was.

Might be able to help you out, am waiting for some wheels, and should have a pair to send FOC when they turn up.

Will PM you if it all comes together!

Not sure if anyone is really following this but I've had a crappy day so far and the bianchi is the only bit that has gone in the right direction! The tubes and tyres arrived this morning and were fitted this afternoon. Personally I think it makes quite a difference.

This is how the bike is sitting now, I'm pretty pleased :cool:

89471283.jpg

I'm following it - you can't go wrong with celeste and as a good cheap runabout it will be a nice bike. I'd bin the spoke reflectors though...

Had a go at the last major component today, the bottom bracket. In an effort to keep the spends low I went to the local shop to see if they would get the cranks off for me, but it's shut on a wednesday. Took a bit of a punt and tried halfrauds, and they did it for me as a freebie.

Condition was reasonable but it definitely needed doing.

Still, didn't look too bad at all in there when you consider the exterior.

6d6422dc.jpg

Getting there.

Looks alright in there - top marks to your local Halfords for not charging you to do a job it costs them nothing to do. Being helpful for free was standard practice at the branch I worked at years ago but I understand it's not the case everywhere. :roll:

I have been pleasantly suprised by Halfords myself in the past, glad to hear you are still going in the right direction!

Back