Dawes Fixie

this is getting boring and im done with arguing on the internet, i liken it to taking part in the special olympics there is never any real winners.

cheers ladies, ;)

People here are actually concerned about your safety and you act like a test. Nice one.

Keep safe mate, do pop back and let us know how the reconstructive surgery goes.

Try a coaster brake.
Not fixed anymore so technically ilegal if no front brake fitted but you keep the aesthetic looks of no cables/calipers/levers and you have easy rear wheel locking power brakes.
Not a good suggestion but a better than leg power alone braking suggestion ;)

steve86":13rcc2ur said:
this is getting boring and im done with arguing on the internet, i liken it to taking part in the special olympics there is never any real winners.

cheers ladies, ;)

Jesus :roll:

If this could happen on a closed road during a race with professional riders riding bikes with brakes... not trying to be sarcastic or anything and i truly mean this; good luck out there mate.

Attachments

• 485837_424260564268914_213743258653980_1458896_1961833744_n.jpg
    485837_424260564268914_213743258653980_1458896_1961833744_n.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 827
steve86":3bmxqo0a said:
i know its not the safest option, but i and prefer the look of the bike with no brakes. so thats how its staying.
cheers for the opinions though

It is a nice looking bike steve, but bear in mind that although it's your bike, they're not your roads. You don't just share them with motorists behind their crumple zones and bikers in their body armour either. You share them with other cyclists and pedestrians. If a child runs out between some cars (which you would be totally unable to anticipate by "reading the road") and you clatter them because you can't brake, I suspect that your explanation that you didn't fit brakes because you didn't want to ruin the look of your bike will cut very little ice with the parents, let alone the police.

Fit some sort of stopping mechanism for yourself sure, but do it for everyone else as well.

flimflam_machine":1y24q77d said:
If a child runs out between some cars (which you would be totally unable to anticipate by "reading the road") and you clatter them because you can't brake, I suspect that your explanation that you didn't fit brakes because you didn't want to ruin the look of your bike will cut very little ice with the parents, let alone the police.

Very, very well-put.

Rich34":12hio9sy said:
flimflam_machine":12hio9sy said:
If a child runs out between some cars (which you would be totally unable to anticipate by "reading the road") and you clatter them because you can't brake, I suspect that your explanation that you didn't fit brakes because you didn't want to ruin the look of your bike will cut very little ice with the parents, let alone the police.

Very, very well-put.

Basically what I said on the first page - and it didn't get through then :roll:

Im amazed this thread is still rumbling on. If the guy wants to kill himself for sake of aesthetics let him. There are better cycling things to talk about in my view.

Latest posts

Back