Alpinestars Al-Mega E-stay

Thanks guys, hoping to get a bit more done over the weekend :)

Thanks also Boy O Boy for the reminder about the cable stops, I found them after going back to check in the box! :roll:

Plan is to keep her looking good, more like a work of beauty than a regular rider, (*awaits comments about the flexstem*) ;)

Next up is refurbing a scruffy XT chainset and going about making a threaded half moon for the front mech...... :cool:

^^nice al-mega XT^^

Loving the work done by Ben and also the way you're building the al-mega DX up, top work all round.

Nice work on the Al Mega XT, love the black theme, kind of gives it an angry look!

I've got the mechs and brakes onto the Al Mega DX now, there was a funny threaded cross shaped washer with a slight dome to it which is now behind the mech hanger and with a longer bolt it's fitted. It seems tight enough to stay put once it's cabled up properly I'll find out if it's worked. I'll need to source some more flanged cable housings somewhere though for the top tube routing, but slowly it's starting to take shape. The cranks are going to take some work, they've got some battle scars which'll take a mop wheel to polish out, so I might take the lazy option and look around for a better example.

Here's some more pictures of the fluorescent beauty, fetch your shades! :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2442.jpg
    DSCN2442.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCN2441.jpg
    DSCN2441.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCN2440.jpg
    DSCN2440.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCN2439.jpg
    DSCN2439.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,179
Now I know this is nit-picking but...

...I always think a black seat post sticking out of a white frame looks a bit mis-matched when it doesn't balance anything else??

Had a chance to build some more this evening

On with the Middleburn chainset / Pace rings. It was put aside for the Team Ti build, so I'll probably replace it with a decent DX or XT if I can get my hands on a nice shiney one. A black / silver chain and DX SPDs to add a bit more black into the scheme ;)

I've got some stepped ferrules on order to go into the guides and will probably go for some black SRP dust caps to finish off.

Sorry for the not very good pics, crap camera and photographer! Will get some better hi-res ones sorted for when it's finished! :)

Attachments

• DSCN2465.jpg
    DSCN2465.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN2458.jpg
    DSCN2458.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN2459.jpg
    DSCN2459.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN2457.jpg
    DSCN2457.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 469
I so love these bikes!! Got myself a Cro-Mega a few months ago in the middle of building. Your bike looks fantastic, you've done a real good job ;)

!!

Nice build there mate, liking the black seatpost gives it a nice contrast against those bright gleeming colours!! Just dont be tempted to put any green mud guards on her!! :D Happy riding AAAA** build!!

Latest posts

Back