RetroRoadRide Saturday 2nd June 2012

paininthe":1rydx30o said:
Been sliding over more to the road side lately

2hrs on the train to Atherton, so easily made. Alan Carbonio or Raleigh Road Ace.

Best get some miles in - about 50 you say?

If I'm definitely going I could give you a lift from Wakey with a bit for the share of the liquid gold (and don't mean the beer ;))

I'll know better in a week or two if it's on for me.

paininthe":3j0hw43o said:
Been sliding over more to the road side lately

2hrs on the train to Atherton, so easily made. Alan Carbonio or Raleigh Road Ace.

Best get some miles in - about 50 you say?

There is a choice from two routes, either 50 ish or 60.

I don't know. I would like to have a go but fear my fitness won't be up to it. I did 40 miles on Saturday on my 'Touring Saracen' and it hurt. I'm barely a month into my "get fitter and try to lose a bit of lard campaign" (I think I need to rename that) and it may come a bit soon.

My Alan still has wonky forks and last night I managed to snap a spoke on the Kowal. Are there going to be bail out options on the route?

Iwasgoodonce":ypme7i5x said:
I don't know. I would like to have a go but fear my fitness won't be up to it. I did 40 miles on Saturday on my 'Touring Saracen' and it hurt. I'm barely a month into my "get fitter and try to lose a bit of lard campaign" (I think I need to rename that) and it may come a bit soon.

My Alan still has wonky forks and last night I managed to snap a spoke on the Kowal. Are there going to be bail out options on the route?

Whichever route we choose is a figure of 8 with the brewery at the centre, so you could bail at around 20 - 30 miles and decamp to the bar. There will be another guy with us who knows the route and he is happy to pootle at the back in the unlikely event that the group splits or someone struggles ;)

Well, I haven't ridden on the road for bloomin years, so this seems a great way to get back into it! With a little luck I'll have a 'cross bike built by then with a spare set of road wheels, so very nearly appropriate ish. Sort of.

Figure of eight with a brewery at the centre? Are we taking sweepstakes on how many make it back out after liquid lunch?! ;)

Fingers crossed I get the bike built and can get it to work in with family and the like then I'd love to tag along :cool:

Seriously, camping in a beer garden, I can't see me not managing it! :LOL:

My health is letting me down at the present time but will try to kick my body into action for this.

REKIBorter":2464dhur said:
My health is letting me down at the present time but will try to kick my body into action for this.

hope it's not too serious...you can always clean a few casks while were out in return for beer :D

elPedro666":2464dhur said:
Figure of eight with a brewery at the centre? Are we taking sweepstakes on how many make it back out after liquid lunch?! Wink

1/2's of lime cordial all round?

I am well looking forward to this!! Hopefully summer will of arrived by June, Sunshine , roadride followed by ale and camping? Ace :D

daj said:
I am well looking forward to this!! Hopefully summer will of arrived by June, Sunshine , roadride followed by ale and camping? Ace :D[/quote

your comming to gods country dave, all will be fine :D

grumpycommuter":1c4n4dor said:
hope it's not too serious...you can always clean a few casks while were out in return for beer :D

Nothing serious, Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia, I have good days and bad days - no predicting what tomorrow will bring. Due to the current weather good days do not always coincide with the best riding conditions. Cleaning casks sounds great!

Latest posts

Back