93 MOOTS GOODNESS~~~~!!! Pic heavy w Off-Roading Shots!

nice

Love the bike, eh. A friend had a '97 YBB and I got to ride it a few times on Hornby Is. singletrack. Fantastic.

The rear bobbed a bit much for my tastes on seated climbs, but it was a star doing everything else. Great handling. You'll be amazed at how little it beats you up.

Those brakes should be fine if you shorten the straddle cable, move the pads up a little on the canti arms and inboard on the posts. That should help wheel removal, too. Kool-Stop's pads should give you easier adjustments, decent power in the wet, and more clearance for wheel removal.

Good score. Congratulations.

Wassup guys? How's everything going? I hope all's well!

Ended work early today and I couldn't fight the urge to get the Moots into the trails. Here are some photos I took during my rest stop at one of Singapore's iconic places, Bukit Timah Hill. As most have already know, we don't have much land here in Singapore so to have a trail itself is already a blessing!

It's my 2nd time in a week and I am really proud of this bike. It handles well, climbs well and it goes down really quick as well. The last bike which I had fond memories of was my Cannondale Beast of the East. It seems, this is the next one!

As semi-school was pointed out, the rear bobs quite a bit. And it is especially obvious when you're on the road. Once off-road, it really smoothens out the ride.

As you might have already realized, the wheels and tires are different. I've managed to acquire a set of White Industry Araya wheels from sidekick and also fitted my old Panaracer Magic, which I had transfered from my Klein Adroit for trashing. The brakes have also been changed out to my M900 cantis for ease of usage. Unfortunately, the brake pads are drying up so I'll have to hunt around for replacements. Anyway knows where to get the Koolstop ones???

Enjoy the photos!

P1010956.jpg

P1010954.jpg

P1010953.jpg

P1010950.jpg

P1010949.jpg

P1010948.jpg

P1010947.jpg

P1010941.jpg

P1010940.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010938.jpg

P1010936.jpg

P1010935.jpg

P1010933.jpg

Thanks Mate! Took it with my toy camera and did slight editing to it. Glad you're enjoying it!

Plus one":15wruf66 said:
Nice rig ! Stunning colours in those shots too looks lush ..

:)

Very nice scenery and bike you have there!

The YBB has always been on top of my most wanted list so far!

The only thing i'm curious about is the brake setup, aren't the Paul levers for V-Brakes? I think you would have better stopping power using the Paul Canti-Levers. Im curious because I have planned a mix of Paul canti and V-Brakes for another project.

Greetz Dan

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'm glad you're a YBB fan too!

Anyway, I just digged into my parts bin and fitted whatever that was decent onto the MOOTS. So to be honest, I have not paid much attention to the compatibility issues as it seems to work perfectly fine. To testify to that, I have been going off-road for a few times now and it has served me really well!

huhue":3p4x03py said:
Very nice scenery and bike you have there!

The YBB has always been on top of my most wanted list so far!

The only thing i'm curious about is the brake setup, aren't the Paul levers for V-Brakes? I think you would have better stopping power using the Paul Canti-Levers. Im curious because I have planned a mix of Paul canti and V-Brakes for another project.

Greetz Dan

Back