Another question on my 1998 Stumpy M2

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Finally getting around to doing up my bikes, wanted a nicer seat collar for the M2 and ordered what I thought was the correct size (34.9). However, it just doesn't want to go on.

Anyone have one of these and can tell me what size I should be going for? The seat collar on their doesn't have a size stamped on it and I have no callipers or front mech to help!

m2 seat qr

just measured my 2000 m2 seat tube is 34.9 but where clamp fits it is 35.1 ! must paint frame upside down and the paint has collected at this point try sanding with some 1200 grit wet and dry to remove thickness of paint

Or just remove some off the inside of the seat collar, I've had to do this for one of my bikes because I couldn't get one the right size. So long as it is not too thin a collar.

Re: m2 seat qr

kvs766":2ji6729r said:
just measured my 2000 m2 seat tube is 34.9 but where clamp fits it is 35.1 ! must paint frame upside down and the paint has collected at this point try sanding with some 1200 grit wet and dry to remove thickness of paint

Specialized's archives go back to 2002 only unfortunatelym but the 2002 stumpy had a 34.9 front mech and 35mm seat collar so I am thinking that may be correct.

I hear about what you are saying about sanding the inside of the clamp but the one I wanted to use is too thin :cool:

Back