9 grand bike..gosh!!

cyfa2809":2w02pjs7 said:
Tintin thats a lot too!

:oops: i sold every thing i could to pay for it. Nearly put the wife on the game :LOL: :LOL:
Thank heavens for e-bay

9k is obscene but I had a road bike in the shop that weighed 12lb but cost a few pence under 12k :shock:

Kinda puts me in mind of buggers lighting big fat cigars with £20 notes.

Light weight is nice, but what good is it if the manufacturer is known for making the worst handling high-end bikes there are? I'm pretty sure a good £2-3K European bike can run circles around that thing when push comes to shove.

Sounds to me like that thing is marketed purely at people with lots of cash and no clue.

Raging_Bulls":1hm00qq7 said:
Light weight is nice, but what good is it if the manufacturer is known for making the worst handling high-end bikes there are? I'm pretty sure a good £2-3K European bike can run circles around that thing when push comes to shove.

Sounds to me like that thing is marketed purely at people with lots of cash and no clue.

I agree, for that money, I'm getting something custom made for me, from a handmade manufacturer, with heritage and great attention to detail.

I just googled the DT Swiss fork... am I right in seeing it's only £600?

For £9k I'd want the poshest SID or Fox available! Actually, as mentioned for £9k I'd want a bike that fits me like the Queens gloves fit one's hand :)

Tony, the forks retails at north of a grand. (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49622)

In regards to the overall bike, this is over the top, however, they have got to have a flagship for Marketing purposes alone, they probably sell <5 globally of this Model, although, if you want an off the peg sub 900 Gram frame your choices are limited to 1.

As for being known as the worst handling, I find that laughable, for what they are designed to do (Racing), they are brilliant at it and the amount of these at the start line of any decent XC race is testament to that.

stevec1975":2clakpwo said:
Tony, the forks retails at north of a grand. (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49622)

In regards to the overall bike, this is over the top, however, they have got to have a flagship for Marketing purposes alone, they probably sell <5 globally of this Model, although, if you want an off the peg sub 900 Gram frame your choices are limited to 1.

As for being known as the worst handling, I find that laughable, for what they are designed to do (Racing), they are brilliant at it and the amount of these at the start line of any decent XC race is testament to that.

The DT Siwss forks get bad comments due to their reliabilty, por rather lack of.

re: handling - I'd be surprised if that were true; the geometry is probably the same as any other hardtail so I canot see how they would handle worse (or better).

be interesting to see what the brakedown cost of the parts is and how much is added on top for kudos. (bit like the huge hike for the top Cannondale Scalpel Team Ulitmate).

tintin40":2d3bez5m said:
cyfa2809":2d3bez5m said:
Tintin thats a lot too!

:oops: i sold every thing i could to pay for it. Nearly put the wife on the game :LOL: :LOL:
Thank heavens for e-bay

Why thank heavens for eBay? did you sell your wife on there instead? I though about selling mine.....definitely no refunds or returns though lol!

rockz631689":2i1hzeuz said:
tintin40":2i1hzeuz said:
cyfa2809":2i1hzeuz said:
Tintin thats a lot too!

Thank heavens for e-bay

Why thank heavens for eBay? did you sell your wife on there instead? I though about selling mine.....definitely no refunds or returns though lol!

:LOL:
No i sold any bike parts i didn't want. Covered the price of my frame :D

money

[iits a lot of money grqnted,but my LBS, a specialized concept store has a couple of bikes around that price. If you can afford it and want it for the bragging rights great.

Personally I with the others I would want something very custom for that amount of money [/img]

Back