Remember someone asking about one handed brakes?

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
well, there is this solution. It obviously won't work for all levers due to shape and location of the reservoir. Front rear bias via reach adjustment screws.

p4pb1793712.jpg

I remember that, soem guy was asking for his dad who had lost the use of one hand or similar.

Think it may have been gears and i think he sorted it.

This is an excellent idea though!!

Not sure how well they adjustment screws would work for the bias as they would make the lever go wonky (and would only go so far before that cant go any more due to pivot bolts).

cyfa2809":2p9dw7iw said:
Not sure how well they adjustment screws would work for the bias as they would make the lever go wonky (and would only go so far before that cant go any more due to pivot bolts).

.... yep I thought that as well (I was quoting from another site)

Yea that was me asking, in the end we just went with a single front brake.

May not have been the best of ideas because pretty much straight away he managed to stack it in a braking panic and sent himself over the bars, being 65 (and one armed) hasn't ridden in 6 months cos he didn't land well :p

You could probably sort the bias by running a big disc up front and a tiny one at rear..

I have a similar setup for my fixie-style bike; A tandem brake lever running two cables, one to front and the other to the rear. Easy enough to set up a bit of bias with cables and calipers... ;)

Back