Whatcha Think..How much is a'98 or '99 FSR DH worth?

cyfa2809":1ehciib4 said:
Wow why is shipping so high!?

That fork is huge, and dual suspension bikes always cost a bit more to ship; ad to that, it's crossing the boarder from CA to USA, and $125 isn't too bad.

Welcome to the site, Dubduck. It looks like you are keeping this one, and not trying to get it's value for purposes of reselling, so I'll leave this thread open, otherwise I'd lock it, since
We have a valuation thread, here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Hope your fsr dh exceeds your expectations; buyer's remorse sucks. I don't think you paid too much over. A regular fsr xc can still pull $400 to $500 with a nice mix of parts. The DH model comes up less often, and the boxer fork goes for a bit, on it's own. So, $700 isn't horrible, though you could probably find something nicer for just a couple hundred more on pinkbike (they always have lots of DH/DJ machines...XC, not so much).

Thanks GoldenEraMTB.
Ya I'm gonna keep this bike as long as it keeps takin' the hits! $700 was actually a bit more than I had to spend right now; so I'm happy with what I've got coming. I'll let ya know how, and I'll be posting some pix when I get it. Hopefully I can get some vids too.

I think that's a good deal the Dh frames fetch a premium seen them sell for £350 over here add to that a nice set of boxers Id be happy with that deal.

Saw on US Ebay a pair of mint Boxxer Pro forks like on the bike go for $460 US a couple of months back.

Its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. For someone who has a 'thing' for the FSR's it could be worth a lot. For someone who doesn't like FSR's its not worth much.

If when you get it, you ride it, and it makes you smile, I'd say it was worth it.
If you bought it to make money, best of luck.

None the less, looks a tidy machine. Hope you have fun on it

Safe trails

billinjah":2pzototb said:
I think that's a good deal the Dh frames fetch a premium seen them sell for £350 over here add to that a nice set of boxers Id be happy with that deal.

I thought over here the downhill = the pro ?

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better about the price I paid.
There's a hold up at customs tho. According to the seller there's a brokers fee of $35 that he had to pay and he's claiming the the shipping was $157!! Anyone ever heard of a Brokers Fee?

Yes I bought it on eBay.
I don't know what to think. I'm just waiting waiting waiting for it to arrive.
If I even pay the seller back the $35, it'll be after I get the bike and only then if it's in great shape like he stated it would be.

Back