May 2012 BoTM Contest - Nominations Please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbmtb":3vnai81y said:
Decided to withdraw mine as stated in OP, as I want to wait till I have the right brake levers and grips.... Still now you've seen it at least.

So glad I did. Someone just offered me a pair of Icarus levers!

Hard choice until now...between the 2 Alpinestars & the Lloyd... I love all 3 of them!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

my YETI DH4 LAWWILL

csc2229.jpg

dsc2221j.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=lawwill

I'll throw out my oddball RekTek(with an almost-complete Syncros group) . A link to the build thread is in my sig.
I wanted to wait to submit this for BoTM until I'd actually ridden it. These two shots were taken in the morning before heading off to a vintage/retro ride where it got a thorough shake down.... so much so... that I actually lost a chainring bolt :cry:

rektek_botm_1.jpg

rektek_botm_2.jpg

Missy's Bike

Uh oh!
We are gonna have to see more of this one. Plus some details on its history and how you got it

If that really IS Missy's Yeti, then despite the calibre of all the other entrants, they have been well and truely blown out of the water :shock:

... however!
Ther HAS to be a seperate prize, for "Most interesting Garage Door of the Month" :LOL:

rektek_botm_2.jpg

G

Sure is Missy's, I can track it back to the day John Parker gave it away (Parker confirmed this).

Best bit is the dent in the top tube, you just know Missy was cursing when this would have happened :) Gives it some character.

A few non production details in the frame, but I'll save that for another time.

unkleGsif":16op3gij said:
If that really IS Missy's Yeti, then despite the calibre of all the other entrants, they have been well and truely blown out of the water :shock:

Even if it is, (provenance and history aside) it's not the nicest bike posted in the thread so far. IMHO. Purple ano was never my thing though. Even BITD.

Me neither.... didn't like it then, and I don't like it now, but the heritage more than compensates for that IMO.....

To my mind, this is BoTM, not Favourite Bike as a Youngster or some such
If that Breezer was entered, it would most likely get voted unanimously, despite being considerably less attractive than even a Raleigh Montage

Anyway, its not for debate here as The Boys on the Board will wrap our knuckles, and everyone votes on their own criteria and preferences

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back