Cane Creek Direct Curve V brakes Now sold, ta.

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A bike's worth of Cane Creek Direct Curves in VGC. A few very light marks, but nothing to worry about and the blocks, although not posh, have plenty of life left. Only little glitch is that I lost one of the original tension adjustment screws, so I've replaced two, with silver screws instead of black. Sale includes the original set of four bolts to mount the brakes onto the bike. Great set of V brakes with unique looks and very good performance - £40 posted by recorded mail.

ps. the last pic is an original tension screw - I'll include. (so you get three black and two silver)

P1110873.jpg

P1110874.jpg

P1110875.jpg

P1110876.jpg

P1110877.jpg

P1110884.jpg

P1110885.jpg

P1110886.jpg

P1110888.jpg

Didn't want to say owt before but these are lush!!..

I have Direct Curve 3's and I will so be buying some of these once funds become available... :cool:

NeilM.. what they going on? (sorry to be nosey... )..

IDB1":12z688xv said:
NeilM.. what they going on? (sorry to be nosey... )..

Nosey away, no problem.

They are going on a 1990 Chas Roberts White Spider, which is going to be a retro / modern fusion.

If I like them enough, then I shall get a second set, for another Roberts, this time a 1992 D.O.G.S.B.O.L.O.X, which is currently under repair and respray with Chas, and is going to be a modern build (2X10 SRAM / Middleburn RS8 DUO) on an older frame.

IDB1":ra5t7br2 said:
Fantastic mate..

I'm not too sure that there are many who would agree with that comment.

I had a long chat at the Bristol show with Chas, and another on the phone with Brian, and both of the like the idea of a modernised DB, that has the stuffing ridden out of it (and me). They don't know about the WS yet, I'll give them a call this week to confirm the frame number and spec.

I love to see the restorations, but as someone who has restored and customised British and Italian motorbikes for many years, my personal inclination is towards the custom bike :twisted:

Back