Proflex 856 (Project Retro Full Susser First Build Finished)

sylus":or0q4fe6 said:
I do like the older proflex's and jus it looks like you are enjoying them too, nice one

Cheers fella, I never thought i would be so intrigued by a set of forks, apart from my RC35's and RC38's But these are something else, now i cant wait to get them on the Flex :D

Hopes alls well with you Sylus my old friend, keep safe :D

Glad they got there safe mate...and enjoy them.
Sanded and polished them back by hand.. ;)

Used two set of those forks to make a mint set..

Glad they went to a good home.
:D :cool:

I have been offered a set of girvin forks for about 35 USD obviously, elastomers/shock is not working? are they easy/non expensive to make it usable again?

rudymexico":39dfzkfa said:
I have been offered a set of girvin forks for about 35 USD obviously, elastomers/shock is not working? are they easy/non expensive to make it usable again?

Replacing elastomers is not too bad, your getting them at a good price so you can afford to spend a little on them to get them up and running again :D or some people chance to a spring shock, can be expensive for us in UK, but Stateside shouldnt be a problem. Or keep an eye out for another set and rob what you need to make one decent set :) Simples

Ok few changes made to the Flex this weekend, Girvin forks now on and looking very good indeed. Cheers to 'MRGRUMPY' at 'Pauls Cycles' for sorting the insertion of the Chris King Thread-less Headset & Reducers. Top Job :D

Proflex Seat Post courtesy of evilbay measured and cut down, then DMR Saddle fitted.

Wheels have been changed for some Mavic/Hope glad in Duro Rubber which i had in the man cave.

Need some Flat bars, but the moment I've got my spare Orange HotRod bars, these are going to serve as a temporary measure.

Slowly but surely is coming together :)

Attachments

• Proflex4.JPG
    Proflex4.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Proflex3.JPG
    Proflex3.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Proflex2.JPG
    Proflex2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Proflex1.JPG
    Proflex1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,311
rudymexico":2q78ojew said:

shocks are costly but elastomers relatively cheap..stateside these are about 50 bucks from these people

http://www.suspensionforkparts.net/esho ... t&catId=11

I've seen some use landrover bushes as a temporary/cheaper fix

Jussa..the shiny and silver matt go well together, the wheels match well also

Back