Isle of Wight ride! Sunday the 13th of May! aftermath page3

Wu-Tangled":1rkdtbyh said:
chiswickcollectables":1rkdtbyh said:
that very pleasant eatery that did an excellent ham, egg & chips?

and a frankly rubbish cheese and salad sandwich.

:LOL:

That just serves you right Gus.
Firstly, you NEVER climb on cheese and secondly salad is for girls!

makster":2mh6t60j said:
Wu-Tangled":2mh6t60j said:
chiswickcollectables":2mh6t60j said:
that very pleasant eatery that did an excellent ham, egg & chips?

and a frankly rubbish cheese and salad sandwich.

:LOL:

That just serves you right Gus.
Firstly, you NEVER climb on cheese and secondly salad is for girls!

a) you never do, but i always do. ;-) and b) i am a bit of a girl.

;) :LOL:

Might be tempted along to this, depending on getting to Lymington by train from Brighton.

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. :cry:

I've held back from saying if i'll be doing this or not after the last ride and the farce of am I / aren't I working.
But, it's just been brought to my attention that the 13th is the annual 'Walk the Wight' http://www.iwhospice.org/walk-the-wight.aspx with upwards of 5000 people (it was 8400 in 2008!) walking across the island the main route being the Tennison trail that runs from Carisbrooke to the Needles which I do believe is a regular feature in 'The I.o.W ride' :LOL:

warpedboy2":2fz9yeoe said:
Might be tempted along to this, depending on getting to Lymington by train from Brighton.

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. :cry:

Tell me about it. Public transport is S**t :twisted:

warpedboy2 wrote:

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. Crying or Very sad

Tell me about it. Public transport is S**t Twisted Evil

If 1 or 2 (at a push, 1 bike in the boot, 2 on the rack) still want to do this, I live in Ryde (where the catamaran goes to from Portsmouth) i'll be driving across the island to Yarmouth, may be easier to get to Portsmouth harbour station (where the cat leaves from)

Bob":3lzeepuc said:
I've held back from saying if i'll be doing this or not after the last ride and the farce of am I / aren't I working.
But, it's just been brought to my attention that the 13th is the annual 'Walk the Wight' http://www.iwhospice.org/walk-the-wight.aspx with upwards of 5000 people (it was 8400 in 2008!) walking across the island the main route being the Tennison trail that runs from Carisbrooke to the Needles which I do believe is a regular feature in 'The I.o.W ride' :LOL:

Perhaps jonnyboy666 should change the route a bit?

oh that's a bummer, didn't know that was this weekend, shouldn't be a major issue though, i have ridden through the crowds before, it was a sod but we could do the route a little different and avoid the ramblers, basically we could ride around the main route on the side tracks, the walk seems to start early-ish so we could always do the ride sort of backwards which could also avoid them.

hoping the weather will be better than recently, i was riding alot and got fit then work and the bad weather got in the way and i have only ridden once in the last 2 weeks! although i intend to ride tomorrow and thursday and friday as prep for the weekend.

Back