1991 Gt Karakoram

its nice to see that purple karakoram built. i bought it from the original owner, only got it 80% built. nice job.

kase1983":1g1a6rtk said:
its nice to see that purple karakoram built. i bought it from the original owner, only got it 80% built. nice job.

The 1990 purple one is in really nice condition too and is probably my favourite of the 2 to be honest. It ended up with a slight downgrade on the groupset though as I had some very nice 400lx bits of a Diamondback that I didn't want to waste.

First ride today and nothing went wrong or fell off :D
Rides very nicely indeed apart from the saddle, I just can't seem to get on with Flites any more.
Oh and a pair of black Wcs Ritchey grips are on order from Crc to replace those nasty red Onza's.
Cheers for the pics Ben.

P1050733.jpg

P1050734.jpg

P1050736.jpg

P1050741.jpg

P1050743.jpg

IMG00283.jpg

IMG00279.jpg

Looking good Chris, the photo's never do the paint on these justice, there bright :cool:
how is it against the 90 ?

Cheers Lee, it has actually suffered sun fade quite a bit but it is still very bright. If I stood it next to yours you would immediately see the extent of the fading.

I havent really ridden either of them enough to compare but I did think the 150mm stem on this one but make it a bit of a stretch but with the inline seat post its a pretty damn good fit.

The flite is off back in the spares box though and a nice comfy Wtb saddle will be in place for Sunday along with Wcs grips.

1st serious ride today in the Yorkshire Dales and apart from a loose headset it performed beautifully, the red grips are gone and a nice comfy saddle is fiited :)

IMG00302.jpg

IMG00303.jpg

I stripped this and hung it in the cupboard late last year but its fully rebuilt now and will be staying that way!

Great ride out today with Trebz who took the pics ;)

GEDC1980.jpg

GEDC1972.jpg

GEDC1948.jpg

Back