Harry Hall

Like the Nervar. My brother had one like that on his orange Falcon 531 in the late 70s. Would fit with it being of the same age as the frame.
Nick

This looks terrific. Those guards really suit the machine. Are they old Blumels types?

Spokesmann":2adr6jm6 said:
This looks terrific. In ,y those guards really suit the machine. Are they old Blumels types?

Yes, an old pair of Bluemels Hugh Porter Champion du monde, they'd been up to no good in the shed for a few years and I thought they would be perfect for the Harry Hall. Definitely needed given the weather we're having at the moment!

nammonk":97uoeeau said:
Like the Nervar. My brother had one like that on his orange Falcon 531 in the late 70s. Would fit with it being of the same age as the frame.
Nick

Cheers Nick, the Nervar does seem age appropriate. Possibly the calipers as well, someone told me Harry wasn't adverse to mixing it up a bit component wise. Although I don't think the derailleurs would be original.

Robbied196":2jve97y0 said:
Spokesmann":2jve97y0 said:
This looks terrific. In ,y those guards really suit the machine. Are they old Blumels types?

Yes, and old pair of Bluemels Hugh Porter Champion du monde, they'd been up to no good in the shed for a few years and I thought they would be perfect for the Harry Hall. Definitely needed given the weather we're having at the moment!

Sweet. I can (sadly) spot a set of Blumels anywhere! :oops:

nammonk":31b2lrd4 said:
Very nice. I'm no expert, but I agree with late 70s. Outside chance early 80s.
Nick

I've recently acquired a frame (builder yet to be identified) that takes nutted calipers, yet is has the 'celebratory' 1935 - 1985 Reynolds sticker on the down tube. So I'm wondering just how late these types of brake fittings were used ?

The latest I have any personal experience of them being used on a decent frame is 1983 (Raleigh Record Ace, Steve Roe). The 1984 Raleigh catalogue shows the "racing" frames with allen key fitting brakes, and those with mudguard clearance with nutted fittings.
The Bob Jackson catalogue scan on here, tentatively dated as 1988, shows nutted brake fittings...
Nick

Back