The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Ex's bike I gave her years ago got nicked. Told her I'd get her back on something. Scoured Kijiji for something suitable. Found an 88 Miele for $85. Decent bike. Lugged double butted Ishwata, so I'm guessing National Panasonic.

ba07b91b.jpg

Mix of MT-60 Deore, Ambrosia, Suze + Sakae which was typical of the day. Upgraded to Grip Shift at one point. It'll work for her.

7640f70d.jpg

Noticed something odd about the bars in the pic in the ad. Looked like an aluminum shim. Something out of place on an 80s bike........
Score! These are coming off and something more.......correct is going on it before it leaves the garage. :D I'd have paid half+ what I paid for the bike for just the bars.

ab80829d.jpg

In the last week I seem to have acquired the bulk of an M750 Groupset (Cassette, Rapidfire shifters, Front and Rear Mech) for the combined sum of £47.

Rather happy with that!

DSCF0026.jpg

Cantilever Set Shimano STX mit fast neuwertigen Bremsschuhen, Diacomp Bremshebel, Tektro Zugdreiecke, mit Zügen und Zubehör komplett für hinten und vorne. Stammt von einem KLEIN Pulse.

"STX Canti's w/ almost new shoes, Diacomp levers, Tektro triangles, cables and acc.'s F & R. From a KLEIN Pulse."

All for €15 incl. shipping.

The Canti's, and triangles are going on my 94 Klein Fervor.

The Avid single Digit 5's & FR5 levers I originally bought are going on a shelf for my next Singlespeed citybike build.

2x (reissue) Selle Italia Flite Titanium 1990 (one for my 728, one for the proto)

2 sets of foam grips (a set for my 503 and one for my 72:cool:

2 pairs of Schwalbe City Jet 26x1.95 amberwalls (a pair for my 503 and the other pair for my 72:cool:

3 sets of NC-17 S-Pro pedals (I have them on my Copperhead and swear by them. Getting them for the 503 and possibly for the 728, leaving an extra set for a future bike)

1 XT M735 front mech, 31.8 bottom pull (for the 728, in case the current one starts to rust again)

1 XT M730 crankset with XT M730 pedals (for parts, and pics of the 728 in fully original spec)

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. Another trip to the magic LBS, and a side trip to the new location.

At the old shop, some NOS CS HG 90 7s cassettes

e76907f7.jpg

And a NOS Ti rail Bontrager saddle I've had my eye on that's been hanging on the wall for lord knows how long.

86761400.jpg

Then over to the new location. They're in the process of moving stock over/inventory (yeah, right). Found another NOS Marzocchi XC-R. This one's in even better shape than the first one. Still has the protective covers from the factory over the decals.

25806f6b.jpg

And the piece de resistance, sitting in the cabinet on the new front desk......

A NOS 73-122.5 WTB New Paradigm BB w. Ti spindle. :shock:

63f2ac4d.jpg

Found a NOS 27.2 Ritchey seatpost in black and some NOS 105 brakes for my Pinerello project as well. All in all a good (but expensive) day.

And on a Karma note, went to the Co-Op in Hamilton yesterday to drop off the Raleigh Super Record I found propped up against someone's driveway marker with a FREE sign on it I posted about earlier in the thread. While I was there, someone came in to donate a Wheeler. It had a pair of 1.95 Specialized Hardrock amberwalls on it. Told the guy I was talking bikes with I'd like to buy the tires off of it if he'd sell them to me. He pulled them off and handed them to me. I asked how much, and he said "take them, you donate enough stuff to us".

Went to pick up a pair of Mavic 217s with Deore hubs
f292fb2c.jpg

and saw a pair of Continental Double Fighters sitting in the corner.
dfda2eb7.jpg

Not NOS, but barely used and sidewalks still soft.
7fb9f9fe.jpg

Well worth the trip. :cool:

Lot of RS and Manitou seals/bushings/wipers I won on ebay last weekend showed up today.

fb3481bc.jpg

gibbleking":2sy7me2n said:
this arrived for the ozone today..

Ooh
33106_1.jpg

Suits you sir.
SuitsYou1.jpg

On my own part I have managed to get Mavic brake levers for my Alan Starfish-era cross bike. and make agreements with 2 chaps on retrobike for Icarus brake levers for the look/Mavic project and Superleggeri pista pedals for my track bike. And tracked down a pair of Mavic 500 hubs on MA40s for the Brouwer.

All in all a very productive week!

Back