little plastic hydro hose/frame collar thingy

konafan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm only looking for one maybe a pair, they're a split plastic collar that enables the hydraulic brake hose to sit tight in the frame.

See pic>>>

IMG_3669.jpg

Magura brake hose guide

Type in magura brake hose guide in to eBay. I got some brand new for £6.99 plus 1.99 posted. They work a treat but they are silver.

Dave

Cheers, I see what you mean, although I'd rather get the more minimal ones if at all possible, yet can't find any.

cheers for that,
I'm now realising these aren't as commonplace as I'd hoped.They seem a bit obscure.

Bike dealers may have them

I expect theyd be commonplace if you were selling lots of v brake bikes with disc mounts?

cyfa2809":6nhqnvmx said:
I expect theyd be commonplace if you were selling lots of v brake bikes with disc mounts?

good point :LOL:

bet there's one lurking in someone's tool drawer on here....(hopes)

....getting thoughts of modi-bodging the plastic stopper that sits atop bic biro pens :LOL:

I was thinking of stuff to bodge too!

Does it need the flange? What about cutting up some outer from cable outer?

good point it probably doesn't as the one I have holds the cable taught. It's just to avoid tube "slap" and scuffing as that's what happened before I had it painted up.

It also had one of those self adhesive cable tie bases but I was trying to avoid that look.

It could work then!

Or with something similar. I have seen suggested of just putting electrical tape around them in that particular place to hold them in tighter.

Back