Who's the greatest?

scant":1ungc07q said:
John":1ungc07q said:
Tomac, Gould, Overend. Take your pick.

All round rider? The chap on the left, no questions asked.

:LOL: yeh right, merx on a DH mtb, clearing double jumps, crossed up? He was awesome for attacking everywhere, not a fraction of Tomacs skill tho ;) Tomac won worlds in both XC & DH... I mean come on! ;)

:LOL:

Have you seen Tomacs palmares on the road when riding for 7-Eleven ?

Merckx is the greatest rider of all time.

Next question!

Coppi was better than merx , his carrer was shortened by WW2 , otherwise he would won a lot more .

:LOL:

Have you seen Tomacs palmares on the road when riding for 7-Eleven ?

Merckx is the greatest rider of all time.

Next question!

merckx regularly admitted to taking drugs! I prefer my greatest cyclists to be awesome yet pure, unlike druggie assisted merckx! ;) besides have you seen the size of him? greatest cake easter of all time more like ;)

next question :LOL:

scant":1z1c24gd said:
merckx regularly admitted to taking drugs!

Would be interested to see which quotes from merckx you refer to? Or are you simply referring to his three positive tests including that on the 69 Giro?

The sport of cycling was and still is sadly tainted by drugs - you're very naive to think any one branch of the sport is cleaner than the other.

besides have you seen the size of him? greatest cake easter of all time more like ;)

Yes, excellent point, got me there :LOL: (although he has slimmed down recently :roll: ). Want to bring merckx's mum into this too :LOL:

next question

The fact mtb world champions like Cadel Evans have switched to the pro road peleton proves this is the pinnacle of the sport. Discuss.

Chris,

Coppi is also an excellent champion. Sadly people are judged on what they have rather than could have achieved.

:LOL: mtbers move to road as the pays better, more established sport!

naive? nope, direct comparison between merckx & tomac is what we're talking about here. merckx was a druggie, tomac isnt ;)

think as ever we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this 1 ;)

I dont think they were using doping products to cheat , . the doping products of the sixties were probably weakers than a red bull of today .

and yes you are right different type of cycling .

Tomac was probably the most complete mtb rider .

In x country , Ned Overend was probably better and in downhill , vouilloz is the absolute king .

Back