Sorry, had to be built..

well, what do you think?

• what the hell have you done to that fine Rocky!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • actually, it looks OK and serves a purpose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I know, its not period correct, nice and polished or garage queen standard yet, but hey. I actually like riding bikes and needed to build this one up as its the only frame I have that will fit a child seat :roll:

Was unsure whether to build it wrong and ride it, or wait until all spnagly with nice bits on. So built it.

Kit in case anyone interested..
My first SS courtesy of on-one. Forks a bit long but I hate threaded headsets so this was a no brainer and are OK really. Dirt cheap wtb hset from crc. Pace stem, X-lite ti bars, ritchey brakes, RSRs but no allen key to get spider off to remove rings yet, Alien pin with shim that looks shite. Robbed wheels of another bike until I can be arsed to build up the wheels I have. umm, think thats it.

It works, it rides well, and my kid loves the seat on the back.
Job done for now...

I have new decals, just need to sort the frame now

:D :D

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_9839.JPG
    Copy of IMG_9839.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,682
Not knocking the fact that you want to ride it but isn't a singlespeeded e-stay bike a bit ironic?

Ironic yes, which is one of the reasons I had the dilemma :?

I am kinda knocking it myself for building it up, feel a bit bad, but as said, tis the only frame that will take a kid seat.
hmmmm

you shouldn't need to take the spider off to get the ring off. Isn't the allen bolt reversed on the hidden one, and it should be a half depth ring bolt so that you can get both rings off!

pete, thanks for info, but not backwards on these for some reason. I dont have one of those stupid two prong tool things either to try and unscrew bolt. Not sure what size the spider allen key is - seems only just smaller than a 4mm. 5/32" ?? Would surprise me as 4mm is damn close.

Back