1998 Club Roost DH8, camo paint, 24" wheels.

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Had this beast for a while now, only used it properly once at Glentress, thought about selling it but i'd never build or own anything like it again so decided it's a keeper :) even if i dont have the skill or bottle to use it to it's full potential.

Had a few problems recently with the brakes and rear shock, 100% sorted now so i thought i'd celebrate by posting some fresh pics :)

SAM_0396.jpg

Built it with 24" wheels so the medium frame would better suit my 5'7" height, not had any problems with this despite the frame being designed for 26's, rear can still take a 2.7 wide tyre, used a 24"x3" Nokian tyre on the front.

Camo paint was done with Humbrol model paint and sponges, then gone over with plenty of Plastikote laquer so it's pretty tough and seems to be lasting well.

Has Intense stickers on it for now as these are easier to find than Club Roost ones.

SAM_0397.jpg

Monster Hope six pot brakes (Mono Six's) with 203mm rotors front and rear.

SAM_0398.jpg

Have the proper Hope adaptor for the front (Shimano one in the pic) not got around to fitting it yet.

SAM_0400.jpg

RockShox Pro deluxe rear shock.

SAM_0399.jpg

Green FSA headset, colour matched camo head bolts.

SAM_0401.jpg

Have a 200 yard steep technical drop in my local woods, going to throw it down that a few times later thismorning to try it out and blow off the dust :)

slope":2y91mj5g said:
What might that bad boy weigh??

Erm ?, a fair bit :LOL: , quessing around 40Lb ?, those Shiver DC's are 13Lb alone :LOL:

No Video's Cyfa, cant do anything spectacular anyway so the Video would be some boring middle aged bloke bumping up and down kerbs riding like a pansy :oops: :LOL:

Back