Bianchi find !!

longbeech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
There I was down at the local tip when I spotted this about to go in the skip. Liked the look of the frame and wheels so i said i would have it for the bits - got it for very little :LOL:
Got it home and cleaned it up and things got better and better. Looks like I got me a Bianchi :D :D
Did a bit of research and this is what I do know
Serial number 1C04663
from under the spray can paint job is peeking that lovely celeste green
Gipieme chromed forks
Bianchi forged cranks
Hurret 10 speed Deralieurs and shifters
ITM Handlebars and stem
Universal Brakes with Modolo Flash Levers
Bianchi hubs with Mavic special sport Rims
Sheffield speed pedals
Ofmega Headset
Seatpost is well stuck!!

What I dont know;
What year / Model ( serial number indicates year ends in a 1)
What I'm going to do with it :?

Any one help?

Attachments

• bianchi5.JPG
    bianchi5.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,617
  • Bianchi3.JPG
    Bianchi3.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,617
  • Bianchi2.JPG
    Bianchi2.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,617
  • Bianchi1.JPG
    Bianchi1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,616
Take off crank, turn bike upside down and with a syphon and tube fill the seatube with full strength Coco Cola....yes, I did say that.The chemicals in it are a fantastic releasing agent and after a night of it you seatpost ( in a vice and twisting the frame ) should come off.

Either that or a nice SS. - What do You think? Pic below

Attachments

• Bianchi3.JPG
    Bianchi3.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,574
Upside down and full of coke at the moment (the bike not me) :)

Anyone got any tips as to how to get the spray coat off without wrecking the paintwork underneath?

Cheers

Seatpost is well stuck!!

I had a stuck post on my Klein Alu on Alu NIGHTMARE!!!!

But found out that using household ammonia dissolves aluminium oxide. It took a full weekend of dripping it in though. Make sure you wear a mask and gloves it's not very nice stuff. I bought a syringe from the chemist and attached a straw on it to inject into the frame.

Well the coke didnt work so moved on to some industrial drain cleaner that is said to shift almost anything - has a high percentage of sulfuric acid !!
Got to be really careful with it though - actually generates heat when its working!!

Seatpost is out - in a hundred pieces!!! - only took about 3 hours :x :x

Paintwork under the spray job is a bit of a mess so may go for a powder coat - is there a RAL number for Celeste or do I just have to get as close as I can?

all help appreciated
Cheers

Back