Kili Wot #2 - FINALLY!! A finished build photo!!

So what colour Saracen decals do I go with??

• Black

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • White

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
jujupunk":2a9ydz4u said:
We_are_Stevo":2a9ydz4u said:
Probably move the fork on to someone with a purple Saracen frame (like my Comp) if they need it :cool:

It's people like you that cost me money :LOL:

Is that a 1" or 1 1/8th steerer on that fork :roll:

:cool:

:LOL: 1 1/8 threaded, same as...

PB120101.jpg

...this fork on my Comp that came with the blue Wot frame, but here fitted with a BBB steerer extender and Ahead stem :cool:

Practically NOS band-on LX front mech. arrived it the Post this morning; who needs anything higher up the chain when black'n'chrome looks this good! :D

Time for an update, now that the Postman has been and gone :D

Wheels courtesy of Plus one (Cheers Col :cool: ), tyres from (Demon)Tweeks Cycles, and a box of cheap Chinese tubes from Raleigh because I'm fed up with fancy lightweight tubes that hold their air for less time than a Japanese pearl diver!

P5040447_edit.jpg
P5040448_edit-1.jpg

I had reconciled myself to fitting the Crossrides that are currently on my Explosif but the photo's Col sent in response to my query somewhere above convinced me otherwise, and have led me down an entirely different avenue with regard to certain aspects of the new spec :roll: Mind you, cracking wheelset...

P5040451.jpg

Transmission-wise I've 'lifted' the LX crankset off my original cro-mega, and purchased a couple of mods off of eBay...

P5040443_edit.jpg
+
P5040444_edit.jpg
=
P5040458_edit.jpg

...bearing in mind that the frame is going to be 'Fire Engine Red' :cool:, and newly aquired rear mech in similar vein...

P5040445_edit.jpg
+
P5040446_edit.jpg
=
P5040460_edit.jpg

...which is about as far as I've got so far; I have most of the ingredients for the build, though I've just remembered I'm short a couple of the SJS thumbie mounts :roll: , but they will have to wait 'til next month, along with the powder coating of frame and fork. I'll also have to get on to gil_m for another set of Wot decals, and purchase another of the pewter Saracen head tube badges, and, and...

...and no wonder I'm skint! :?

:D. yeah, in all my years of messing around with bikes I don't remember having any KB kit on any of them... ??

Back