Macretro fat camp

OK I need a bit of advice,

If I'm doing the Etape a week on Sunday when should I stop riding before the event?

I normally train Tuesday and Thursday and the Thursday run is a hilly 22 miler, is that too close to the Etape to attend, should I do a solo run on the Wednseday instead? Or should I just keep riding up to the event but keep it short and easy?

If it helps the Tuesday is likely to be another double run with a club pace 26 and an slow pace 23 to follow.

I'm sure Kaiser will weigh in with some proper scientific advice, but I'd make Wednesday my last day, and I'd make it an easy one.

Hilly Tuesday, easy Wednesday?

Tuesday run is pretty flat but a total of 49 miles and a long time in the saddle which I think helps my endurance, the return leg of the second part, the easy run, is when I do sprints as interval training.

The Ken":1araqtu3 said:
OK I need a bit of advice,

If I'm doing the Etape a week on Sunday when should I stop riding before the event?

I normally train Tuesday and Thursday and the Thursday run is a hilly 22 miler, is that too close to the Etape to attend, should I do a solo run on the Wednseday instead? Or should I just keep riding up to the event but keep it short and easy?

If it helps the Tuesday is likely to be another double run with a club pace 26 and an slow pace 23 to follow.

How quickly do you normally recover TK? I'd be tempted to make Tuesday the last hard sesh and try to get some recovery runs in. I'd also cycle right up till the Etape. A light run Thursday and Friday(say an easy 20 then a ten, test out the kit your going to wear etc) will help prevent the dull leg feeling you sometimes get when you jump back on the bike. Just take it easy.

I've always been the achy after 2 days type of person but if I ride on that day I usually feel pretty good. I'll not get a ride in on Friday but could possibly do a light turbo session. 20 for me is easy now but I find it hard not to push my self. Going out easy on the day will be the hardest part I think, need to control the adrenaline.

So based on the info should I aim for this...

Saturday - Solo 60 with hills
Sunday - Rest +Carb loading :) (daughters birthday)
Monday - 30 mins Turbo ( + Swimming with the kids)
Tuesday Hard 25 followed by Light 20
Wednesday - Hilly 20+
Thursday - very light 10
Friday - very light turbo
Saturday - very light 5

Just found out on the day I have a start time of 7.02 so I have almost 2000 people behind me should I drop from the peleton I'm in :)

Just did one of my hilly loops, 27miles, cross wind out, strong headwind and pissing rain on the way back.

Best thing was I managed 13.5 mph average, very pleased for a solo run, the return 10mile leg was limited to around 14 - 15 mph too, I normally manage 18 - 20mph.

The big hill... Kept at around 6mph but did drop to 4 on the steepest 100m section, but was faster than normal, may have had a tail wind nearer the top as that felt much easier.

So summary: missed weekend ride but did this 27 so no turbo tonight.
Tomorrow back to plan with a hard flat 25 then soft 20 - i'll only do the soft run if the weather is dry though.

Back