Raceface X type chainset

Whatleymeister

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So, fitted a Raceface x-type chainset and all works well. However, the non drive crank has a big hollow exposed right through the middle of the axle where the cdank bolt would go on a square taper crank. Should there have been a plug or bung for this? Seems odd to just have a place for mud and crap to build up. Still, if its meant to be like that then its all good I guess!

Believe you can get the bungs on ebay.

All hollow axle chainsets that i know of have this now.

If it gets in it wont do anything or go anywhere apart from come out the other side.

Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 4:24 PM

Glad that you like the new crank. As far as your question about the Non-Drive arm, there is no cover for that spindle /crankarm interface. Most external bearing cranksets have the spindle hollow through to the crankarm with no cover, and it never proves to be a problem. Thanks for riding RaceFace!

ROB BOHNCKE + Warranty & Sales + raceface.com + 1.800.527.9244 x 249 + 604.527.9996 x 249

Asked Raceface about this a couple of years back and got this. Bunged one with a champagne cork for a bit.

thats modern gumpf for ya.....never had this problem with my campy stuff...just a vert pretty bolt and shiny cap to see....

gibbleking":gpuxfw0a said:
thats modern gumpf for ya.....never had this problem with my campy stuff...just a vert pretty bolt and shiny cap to see....
pah, what you rubbishing modern for?! Anyone would think you come to this site to look at old bikes that could rival modern bikes in build quality and price! Ha! Eerrr, hang on, what do you mean we do?!?! :oops:

Back