chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've wanted one of these for a while and Grannygrinder answered my call :D

Thanks very much Mike.

Anyway the frame was delivered late this afternoon and apart from a bit of sun fade its in very nice condition with all decals intact :)

The build is going to be mix of M550 Lx and Dx and most parts are here already.

I was very lucky (thanks to Tuff92) to find an Inferno stem to match despite it being 150mm long :LOL:

More to follow soon.

IMG00259.jpg

IMG00262.jpg

Excellent choice Chris I love these early colourful Gt's

I'm looking forward to seeing this built. Same year as my Elite - I wish the original paintwork on mine had have been up to keeping.

Are you putting DX cantis on the front?

Cheers guys :)

@otherself, wheels are a problem as I haven't anything period to suit spare so for the time being it will have a pair of late 90's wheels which although noting special are nice and light. Most of my bikes have started life with these wheels until I found something more correct. I have a pair of wheels with M550 hubs and Araya CV7 rims on their way to me but they are for the 92 Karakoram I will be starting soon.

@kingoffootball, its going to have M734 Xt cantis up front as I have a spare pair, the other pair are on the front of my 90 Karakoram.

You should have put them in the picture then :p

I'm still being tempted to get a pair of black M732s for the front of mine. I like the M651s as they are one of the few reamining bits of original equipment now, but they are also one of the few remaining things on the bike which are silver, which the rest all being blue/black.

kingoffootball":1wdeags0 said:
You should have put them in the picture then :p

I'm still being tempted to get a pair of black M732s for the front of mine. I like the M651s as they are one of the few reamining bits of original equipment now, but they are also one of the few remaining things on the bike which are silver, which the rest all being blue/black.

Here's a pic then, I've run out of Autosol but found some Silvo wadding in the kitchen cupboard and its great stuff :D The cantis and U brake were a bit mucky and tarnished but have polished up nicely.

IMG00272.jpg

IMG00276.jpg

Back